Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
*Registered
2005 SLK200
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a fall of snow last week, just a centimetre >:D

But I spotted a flaw in the SLK's lines around the back windscreen...:surprise:

I opened the boot (trunk...0:) ) and the snow that was on the back window promptly slid into it!!

Just a warning that you need to remove the snow from the back window before opening the boot lid >:D

:grin:

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
17,946 Posts
I've done that! :smile:

Also clear snow from boot lid as well, otherwise that'll slide forward when it's opened and into the boot through the same gap.

I've had that happen too. DOH! :smile:

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
348 Posts
We had a fall of snow last week, just a centimetre >:D

But I spotted a flaw in the SLK's lines around the back windscreen...:surprise:

I opened the boot (trunk...0:) ) and the snow that was on the back window promptly slid into it!!

Just a warning that you need to remove the snow from the back window before opening the boot lid >:D

:grin:
Not the only car with this flaw in the design, my old Lexus IS 200 has the same problem, only happened once.

Thanks for the warning.

Stuart.

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
1,274 Posts
Not the only car with this flaw in the design, my old Lexus IS 200 has the same problem, only happened once.

Thanks for the warning.

Stuart.
In the case of the SLK, I'm not sure I'd characterize it as a design flaw so much as a design compromise. The nature of the shapes required to fit humans into the cabin, fold the roof into metal & glass origami and stuff it in the trunk (boot), and retain some capacity for cargo back there undoubtedly meant that hinge placement, hinge operation, and panel gaps had to be different from a similarly sized hardtop coupe. Like others, I don't worry about it because Sunhilde never leaves her warm garage when the occasional snowfall occurs here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.