Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have checked a few sites already that should hae been in europe.. but none really are.. since i will have to pay for more then 50€.. about 50€-70€ to come to my country(slovenia)

Id please if anyone could give me an online dealer from europe, an official one if possible.. to get an cheaper mail.

Thank you alot!
Greetings

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,522 Posts
sccs,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
European Smart Top equivalent

Have a look at these guys

www.cabrio-module.de

I bought one from them for about €100 incl delivery

Comes as 3 units - a 50kph box, a roof control box and relay box, but you don't get the t-connectors for splicing into the wiring.

·
Registered
921 Posts

www.cabrio-module.de

Comes as 3 units - a 50kph box, a roof control box and relay box, but you don't get the t-connectors for splicing into the wiring.

These look more or less the same as the original SmartTop, nice find...
The R171 one I need costs €199 though... boo

Only thing I see is different is that with the original SmartTop it has a USB so it can be upgraded if they find a need to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
XCar-Style roof module

I have just fitted an XCar-Style roof module purchased via Ebay, http://stores.ebay.co.uk/XCar-Style?_trksid=p4340.l2563

They also have a website, http://dachmodule.de/index.php

The ones on auction can vary quite a bit on price so you can get a bargain, but as I wanted it quickly I made an offer and we agreed on £147, plus £22 postage. I purchased it on a Wednesday and it arrived the following Monday.

The instructions were poor. Aimed at LHD cars in understandable but not good English plus a more detailed manual in German. It did not mention how to undo the CANBUS cover - which could lead to disaster.
Fortunately the forums had excellent instructions although it still took a while to undo the CANBUS cover. Removing the accellerator pedal was also essential. While removing the nut was easy it took 10 minutes to remove the washer with a bent wire that was stopping the pedal lifiting it off the stud! Later a magnetic bit holder did the trick.
However it all worked first time - and is a big improvement on holding the button for 22 seconds. Especially with the current sunshine and showers weather, operating the roof without stopping is great.

I think I spent more time researching the forums than it took to fit - and that was time well spent !

·
Registered
104 Posts

www.cabrio-module.de

Can vouch for the about. Got mine from their Ebay site for £120 (both modules) and alot cheaper than their website.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts