Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went from 2 Packs a Day to cold Turkey....... overnight... because my Betty :soap::soap: me off ....:D:D.... she called me a stubborn German and I never have what it takes to quit. BLAH BLAH ....

and than there was the Funeral laying my best Friend and Step Dad to Rest 3 Weeks ago..... I did not smoke before during or after the Funeral....

Honestly it was not easy but I did it.......

My Betty calls me a stubborn German every Chance she gets.......:D:D....

the Teen Terrorist jump when I bark Orders like SGT Schultz.....:hb::Beer:

honestly it was not easy but I did it........:rb:rb:rb....

and you have to see my Garage.......all my Tools are in perfect Order from a 4 MM to 1.32 Meter Wrench and lets not forget my Garage Closet all my cleaning Supplies are in Order from A to Z... in a straight Line .....

the Mower got a tune up....... my Lawn looks like the Queen Mom just dropped in for a short Visit......

I am thinking about taking up Knitting........ just to do something with my Hands......:D:D

Honestly I never thought giving up Smoking would be that hard...... but I did it......

and honestly I never thought that walking around with a Tool Belt fixing Stuff that does not need fixing would drive my Betty Bonkers in a Jiffy........:D:D:D:D:D... i would have quit smoking Years ago........:tu::tu:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Congratulations Berliner, you have my support.

Reactions: Berliner Heckflosse

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK280
3,920 Posts
Daniel, congratulations on the two month mark, especially with the loss of your Step Dad.
I smoked Kool's for 25 years so can totally relate to the challenges. Quit back in '97 and don't regret it (still miss it from time to time though
). However, do like having the extra cash to spend on modding.

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
congrats Daniel…as an MD, I've watched patients struggle w/ this for years…it is indeed hard and in fact most fail…keep it up, its the best thing you could do for your health:bannana::Beer::Beer::hb:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congratulations! I know that must be an incredibly hard thing to do, but you and all the others on here must do it, at least for their loved ones. My mother is suffering terribly now due to the damage she did to her lungs from smoking for nearly 40 years. For years before she quit her doctor kept telling her, if you quit now you will recover some from it and feel better. Then he finally started telling her - this is the best you will feel for the rest of your life and it will get much worse. It was very, very true. Now she is on oxygen 24hrs a day and can't even walk from the couch to the bathroom without sounding like she ran a marathon.

Sorry for the soapbox, but we've been through a lot lately and all of her health problems are 100% directly attributable to smoking. Stay strong and stick with it!

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
STRGAZR, stay strong I wish you and the Family the Best.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,882 Posts
This is fantastic news. I know how hard it can be for the first few months. Helps to avoid thing that triggered you to smoke and remember that cravings only last a few minutes then pass for most of us. Hang in there, it is worth it.

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
100 Posts
Well done mate!

I'm also just about to hit the 8 week mark, but I'm on the e hookah.

Good points
Don't smell like like an ashtray anymore
Blood pressure has fallen considerably
Teeth are becoming white again (bought a fancy electric toothbrush with the money saved)

Bad points
Skin has broken out in spots
Brutal constipation
Tinitus has become worse

Overall
Not going back to the fags

Regards
GeoffL

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
Well done and stick with it ...

I've been 'clean' for 7 or 8 years now (time flies...) - I still get to odd (but very rare) craving once in a blue moon, but I ignore them ...

Keep it up ..

Cheers
Sean

1 - 15 of 15 Posts