Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I was driving around with the top down the other day and what I thought I smelled burning oil. I looked around and did catch some wisps of smoke, like a drip on a hot exhaust or engine block. Couldn't see anything from the top with hood open. I jacked up the car and looked underneath. I took pics of what I saw. searched the net to find out what this black nipple cover is? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have the same model and it has an auto box, but the leaky nipple pictured looks like its on the clutch slave cylinder which you would find on a manual transmition and is used to bleed air out of the system following a clutch or seal change .
I'll have to have crawl underneath to see if mine is the same.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If it is then I would check your fliud levels in the clutch fluid reservoir or sometimes the clutch uses the brake master cylinder reservoir as a supply if the levels are down then that's what is leaking from the nipple

The nipple may just want tightening a touch.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help. It is a manual box. I took the rubber nipple off and it was clean as a whistle. I am thinking the leak may be near by running to a low point which is the rubber nipple. What is the metal silver part where oil is dripping from in the 4th picture (last one)? Also a side note question..... is there an oil drain plug underneath the car? Trying to locate that as well.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Looks like it is the head of a Torx bolt, dont know any more about the underside of the car, have spent most of my time in the fuse and relay boxes.

Stuart

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.