Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK200
2,841 Posts
Yes, can now be set to remember last drive mode when next starting. Two minds about that. Useful if you prefer to always use sport or manual setting. However, I like to allow the engine temp to come up prior to any spirited driving so the normal comfort/eco mode on start up suits me.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
1,341 Posts
Yes, can now be set to remember last drive mode when next starting. Two minds about that. Useful if you prefer to always use sport or manual setting. However, I like to allow the engine temp to come up prior to any spirited driving so the normal comfort/eco mode on start up suits me.
I have to say, mine already does this - I mean I didn't think it was a feature of the smart top. It's always in A mode and living where I do, it almost never gets warmed up before my journey is over. Oh how I wish for the open roads (and skies) where you live. :)

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
3,224 Posts
I also got an email from mods4car this morning (y)
Agree that I wouldn't want Sport+ while the engine is cold & departing a residential area....!!!

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
102,343 Posts
and as accurately posted...for r172 only

STHFMZ2v2.10v20122021-01-07SmartTOP for Mercedes Benz SLK (R172)ChangelogMatrix

·
*Premium Member
2019 SLC 300 Black on Black
2,523 Posts
I am in the process of trading from 2013 SLK to 2019 SLC and moving the Smart Top to the newer SLC. In the process, while not having the module in a car checked to see if there was an update. I had a problem with the module connecting with the computer. Called Mods4cars the tech walked me thru the connection problem as there was a PC problem. He saw there was an update but said it was not released by his records. I ran the update and there was one available. My module was first installed in June 2020 and was updated at that time with the April/May 2020 update release. The new update is version 2.10 was installed yesterday on my module. Now next week install it in the 2019 SLC.

The ECO step 16 was in the previous version. The new version now has step 17 that lets you decide the drive mode that you can have it to remember the last drive mode when you start the car and not use the MB default C.

·
Registered 2018 SLC43
172 Posts
This is awesome!
Great thanks to Mods4Cars to working this out and providing it.

This thread is referring to the Dynamic Select driving mode and not auto/manual etc (although it may do that too - I haven't tried)

FYI for WindInMyHair - Comfort mode is not the "Normal" mode for the cars.

It is an intentional neutering of the car's actual performance in order to get the car to artificially pass emissions and fuel efficiency rating out of the box from start-up.
This gets us potentially powerful cars (as long as you disable the neutering by engaging the engines properly tuned mode) legally and with lower taxation due to disguising the engines actual emissions and fuel usage when run in factory tuned performance.

I have the SLC43 AMG and in Comfort mode it is almost identical drive to my previous SLK 350. Identical.

If you want the performance of an SLC43 AMG in it's default Comfort mode and have no desire for more, buy an SLC280 and engage Sport mode. Performance will be the same, with better fuel economy, less initial cost and it will be a more engaging drive, pulling away in 1st gear rather than in 2nd. What is that about! Good for on sand or snow but that's it.

I wanted a sports car so i bought one. To get the actual sports car I purchased, I previously needed to polish the Dynamic Select button with my finger (It is showing signs of wear after 3 years).
Now the SmartTop enables me to drive the car as it should be without having to turn off Nanny mode.

If it were the other way around and the car started up in its factory tuned mode by default but came with a "Dynamic Deselect" button on the dash entitled "Pussy Mode", how many would even touch this button to try it out, let alone to drive the car in detuned mode?!?! What about actively engaging and driving the car in Pussy Mode until the engine has warmed up, just to "protect" the engine? None!

·
102,343 Posts
I guess for newbies we should allow that to read what a SmartTop is - 3rd party wonder mod!

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK200
2,841 Posts
@MarkChat
I quote,

"It is an intentional neutering of the car's actual performance in order to get the car to artificially pass emissions and fuel efficiency rating out of the box from start-up.
This gets us potentially powerful cars (as long as you disable the neutering by engaging the engines properly tuned mode) legally and with lower taxation due to disguising the engines actual emissions and fuel usage when run in factory tuned performance."

So are you saying that Eco/Comfort is a legal and fully 'visible' defeat device? I can't see the bureaucrats falling for that one.

Quoting myself, "However, I like to allow the engine temp to come up prior to any spirited driving so the normal comfort/eco mode on start up suits me"
Once I see the engine temp come up I invariably engage 'S' mode.

Others can rag the nuts off their car straight off the drive if it suits them.

·
*Premium Member
2019 SLC 300 Black on Black
2,523 Posts
This was the mod that I was waiting for, my smart top order will be going in very soon..😀
There are 17 mods in Smart Top for the 172. there were only a few I chose to use the manufactory default. Passed on touching the door handle to open or close the top was one of them. Smart Top is one item I would want on every SLK or SLC I own.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,699 Posts
This was the mod that I was waiting for, my smart top order will be going in very soon..😀
I’ve just applied the update. It doesn’t appear to work on my car. I suspect it may only work on 9g gearboxes and cars with the on screen dynamic select options. 🤔

Oh well! 😂

·
102,343 Posts
I’ve just applied the update. It doesn’t appear to work on my car. I suspect it may only work on 9g gearboxes and cars with the on screen dynamic select options. 🤔

Oh well! 😂

contact m4c ? Stephan/Sven will reply

·
1,341 Posts
Perhaps the fact the my car stays in whatever mode it’s set in has something to do with having had @i860 do the ‘A’ mode mod for me?

·
2,699 Posts
contact m4c ? Stephan/Sven will reply
Could do but I’m not too fussed about it. I was curious to see how it would work but I’m in two minds about it like @Windinmyhair , I prefer to let the car warm up in C and switch to S later. Only time I would have used it is when stopping for a short stop on a day out when the engine would still be warm.

I think I’ll wait and see how others fair. It will be good to see if anyone gets it to work. If that’s what they want.

·
1,341 Posts
Ah. I’ll just step away quietly then ...

·
2,699 Posts
Ah. I’ll just step away quietly then ...
Stick around if you want. I didn’t mean to sound dismissive. I nearly had the A mode put on myself in the summer but decided against it at the time. :)

·
Super Moderator (UK)
31,546 Posts
55 AMG always starts as sport mode.
350, I believe keeps last setting used.
Both 171 models.

·
Registered 2014 SLK350
12 Posts
I also applied the update, but the Driving Mode still reverts to E, requiring me to press S each time. The update installed normally, and I can go through the settings, where Setting 17 says it should stay in the last used Driving Mode.

Not a real big deal, but it would be nice if that setting worked...I thought I'd wait and see what feedback others had before emailing Mods4Cars.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts