Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked a dealer about installing a SmartTop module and they didn't want to talk about it. I guess it'll void the warranty if it's noticed, right? I checked at a local MB non-dealer shop and they weren't familiar with it.

Has anyone had one professionally installed in the SF/Bay Area? I'd rather go to someone who's done it before. There's no way I'm going to mess with installing it.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
There's a few people in SoCal that have done it. San Fran? Not sure. Really it's pretty easy if you use the DIY thread posted here under the DIY section. I did mine this past weekend in about 3 hours working very carefully. If you come to the Vegas retreat, they'll do it for you free!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ah, a person after my own heart. They're all gunna tell you it's an easy install, which it is, but only if you've seen it or know what you're doing. I believe Eddy's guide is the most complete and has pretty pictures.

Think your best bet would be to find someone up there on this site that has done it before. I bribed Eddy into doing mine :tu: . It's unlikely that'd you'd find a shop that has done too many of these.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw the header for the Vegas retreat but now I can't find it. Where is it? It's not in the Events forum.

I'm not good with powertools and that includes screwdrivers, so I'm beyond approaching it.

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
I'll actually be in the SFO area in September (afternoon of the 17th and 24th). I stay at the Holiday Inn Gateway (near the Lotus dealership!). I travel in and out frequently, and could do the install for you in less than an hour. If you're interested, let me know.

dj

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info.

DJ, if I haven't taken care oif it, I may take you up on your offer - thanks! I know where the Lotus dealer is :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.