Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered 2008 SLK280
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to re-install firmeware to the SmartTop, I have lost my firmware and cannot update using the Mods4cars app.
I removed my smartTop because the car is going into the dealers to have a fault diagnosed, which I hope will be repaired under the Mercedes parts warranty.
I didn't want them to find the smartTop and blame it for the failure of the part.
Whilst I have the smart Top out I tried to update the firmware but the download from Mods4cars timed out and I couldn't complete it. As consequence my smartTop has now lost any firmware.
I havent contacted Mods4cars support yet, it only happend this afternoon.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,901 Posts
Contact them. Sven and Stefan are very helpful

·
Founding Member 2006
108,901 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,901 Posts
Remember if you use the 'disable' function, unless someone is going to take up your carpet, it is undetectable :D

·
* Founding Member #2
2008 SLK55 AMG
19,485 Posts
Remember if you use the 'disable' function, unless someone is going to take up your carpet, it is undetectable :D
In other words: you can disable SmartTop using the steering wheel control buttons (see SmartTop Owner's Manual), and it will be "invisible" to STAR/DAS when the dealer does their diagnostic work.

·
Registered 2008 SLK280
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone,
Mr Banks was spot on with his advice, I contacted Mods4cars via their Product support and they responded within a couple of hours. I have now re-installed the new firmware and the settings following Stefan's (Mods4cars) instructions, see below

Hello Vincent,
Sorry to hear that happened. Luckily it's an easy fix. Please connect everything again and this time enter the ticket ID (X7B-775-QPU3) in the firmware update section. This should refresh the module.

Best Regards,

Stefan Wilhelmy
Mods4cars Support (Las Vegas)

It was all very simple, the ticket ID Stefan refers to is unique to my request for help, if anyone else has the same problem they will need to contact Mods4cars via their Product support and create there own request which will generate there own ticked ID No.
It looks like it worked as when I now connect to it, the app reports that I have the new 3.7* firmware.
I am unable to test it in the car yet because it is now 9:15pm and dark here in England and the car is going in for diagnostics tomorrow morning but I feel sure that it will work fine.
Can't thank Mods4cars enough for a fantastic response.

Thanks to everyone here at the forum for their help and support.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,901 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,901 Posts
Hi Jeff,

thanks for the feedback. It's always good to read that the customer appreciate our support work.

Thanks for letting me know!

Best Regards, Sven Tornow

Sven is the big boss of Mods4cars!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.