Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start the SmartTop, the front lights and the mirror lights blink, but the rear lights do not. Is that normal?

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
When I start the SmartTop, the front lights and the mirror lights blink, but the rear lights do not. Is that normal?
On the assumption that you mean the front and mirror turn indicator lights, then yes this is exactly as per the specification. You can turn this option on or off, as well as have the front/rear windows up or down, and a few other options, as you prefer. It's all in manual, and the options are easy to change. :wink:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,379 Posts
True that!!! you need the programming instructions? :D

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got the instructions and other docs, I just wasn't sure about the REAR turn signals or flashers or whatever lights might flash back there.

I THOUGHT they did in the 2006 SLK 350 version.

So I guess I didn't break any wires or anything if nothing in the rear is supposed to blink. Seemed to me to be the most logical one to blink as you would want people to keep away or be possibly hit by a trunk lid.

Oh, it just occurred to me that might think I was talking about "starting the programming" versus starting the operation of the lowering or raising of the roof. It is the latter I was asking about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.