Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies, if you are questioning your need for a SmartTop, here's a valid reason why you should have one.

Before I had the SmartTop I was stopped at a light when a normal looking guy pulled up beside me and commented about how I looked in my car. It was a nice compliment and I smiled back at him. The next thing I knew he was following me...turning when I did and continuing behind me until I pulled up to a restaurant fortunately with people standing outside. The perv slowly passed me and gave me a 'look' as I held the button to put up the roof. I was so creeped out that I ordered the SmartTop that evening. I would have felt better/safer if I was able to close the roof while he was following me.

Take the time to think of all the times it would come in handy.

You can't be too careful today.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,459 Posts
That was me MK!!!!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,459 Posts

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Cannot beat topless :D

Reactions: OffLineR

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
I need to bump this thread-I am SO glad you posted the story MK! This summer I was driving around with my niece in the passenger seat [she's 10]. It was the middle of the afternoon, I always leave enough room in front of me for an escape or turn off in case I get into trouble or there is a traffic problem at a red [options.. you need escape route options at all time never leave yourself boxed in anywhere even in the best neighborhoods] when I saw 3 teens behind me pointing giggling and staring at the slk. One of them in the backseat got out of the car and started to walk towards me. This was more than unsettling. I put one hand in front of her [you know the instant mother stopped too fast at a red light hold you in gesture lol] and turned around to look at him before he got anywhere near the car. I unbuckled the seatbelt with my left hand and was ready to just about claw his eyes out when he said "Ma'am I love the car".

I said thank you, and he walked back to his car [thinking he was a cool kid in the middle of traffic] but it really is unnerving when someone does something like that.

So I'm in 110% agreement with MK on the issue, and yes, my mechanic knows his next install is my smart top.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.