Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I'm planning on buying a Smartop module but not sure which one for my 55.
Can anyone give me some advice please as I want the most up to date one.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,830 Posts
You need STLBMZ1 for your R171 but also make sure it has the latest firmware/hardware and software updates from the maker, mods4cars
These can all be downloaded

http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/121481-what-smarttop-all-members-keep-talking-about.html

you need:

STLBMZ1
SmartTOP Convertible Top Controller for Mercedes Benz SLK (R171), CLK (A209) and SL (R230)

mods4cars Online Shop

also from sponsor slkstore

http://slkstore.com/collections/smarttops/products/mercedes-benz-slk-r171-smarttop

see Dave's (dbgrn) sig block for his UK supplier link

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank's Jeff.:smile:

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
Hi all.
I'm planning on buying a Smartop module but not sure which one for my 55.
Can anyone give me some advice please as I want the most up to date one.
see Dave's (dbgrn) sig block for his UK supplier link
Agree with everything Jeff already said, and here's a post from me so you can see my signature for the link he mentioned (without having to search for other posts). :tu:

Reactions: jbanks15

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where is the cheapest place to buy it?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,830 Posts
In the states, probably slkstore as they have flat rate to UK but Dave's is probably the cheapest

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
Where is the cheapest place to buy it?
I'm not sure for Ireland... for the UK, PPCGB are often the cheapest, unless you can find one on eBay (may also be listed by Design911, who I think are part of the same group as PPCGB). Don't forget to check out the link in my sig for a tip on getting 5% discount from PPCGB (if you decide to buy from them). :tu:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agree with everything Jeff already said, and here's a post from me so you can see my signature for the link he mentioned (without having to search for other posts). :tu:
Thanks Dave.

Reactions: dbgrn

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not sure for Ireland... for the UK, PPCGB are often the cheapest, unless you can find one on eBay (may also be listed by Design911, who I think are part of the same group as PPCGB). Don't forget to check out the link in my sig for a tip on getting 5% discount from PPCGB (if you decide to buy from them). :tu:
I had a look on the PPCGB website but it does not say what firmware version it is.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
I had a look on the PPCGB website but it does not say what firmware version it is.
When I ordered mine from them, I think it was at the latest firmware version at the time. I guess it will depend on how long they've had stock, and when the most recent firmware version was released. However, even if it is down-rev by a version, it's a very simple process to update it by connecting to your laptop via USB prior to fitting it into your car (useful to do that to program your preferred options before fitting it too - much simpler than using the steering wheel controls to do it). :tu:

·
Registered 2004 SLK200
23 Posts
The smartop module firmware is updated to the latest version by downloading from mods4cars website. A USB connection to a windows pc needed.
It took me 10 minutes to set up and an hour to fit.
Very simple and the update, fitting and setup instructions are excellent (for both rhd and lhd cars).

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

·
*Registered
2005 SLK350
2,030 Posts
If you have Mid-City's remote starter installed one your car, save yourself countless hours/days/weeks of anxiety and understand that they cannot be used together. Only one device can be turned on at a time.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When I ordered mine from them, I think it was at the latest firmware version at the time. I guess it will depend on how long they've had stock, and when the most recent firmware version was released. However, even if it is down-rev by a version, it's a very simple process to update it by connecting to your laptop via USB prior to fitting it into your car (useful to do that to program your preferred options before fitting it too - much simpler than using the steering wheel controls to do it). :tu:
Oh that's great.
I didn't know that it could be updated and set up via a pc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.