Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered 2015 SLK350
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am trying to check my new to me Smart Top for firmware updates and to change some of the previous owners settings. I had hoped to to install the module to-morrow. However, I have plugged the module into my laptop using the USB cable. Unfortunately, I am getting nothing back from the laptop. The green light is activated and I am getting sporadic flashing light on the face of the laptop but nothing else. I have had it plugged in for over an hour. Can it take that long for something to happen? I have written out all of the steps I should follow according to the USB product manual once the module is ready. I have also unplugged and re-started the laptop to no avail.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,295 Posts

·
Registered 2015 SLK350
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jeff,
Yes I did this from their website. I also switched over to my i-mac, with the same results. I have submitted a request for assistance to Mods4cars. Hopefully they will get back to me soon. I was wondering though if my norton anti-virus could be blocking the downloads?

When I connected the module to the computer I was getting a message saying: "Device setup installing device please wait". Then nothing after that, the green light is activated and I get the noise from the computer when I connect the module, so I know there is a connection.

·
103,295 Posts
Might not like your Mac

·
103,295 Posts
unless a member jumps in, you might have to wait until you hear from Stephan from mods4cars

·
103,295 Posts
you know you can change any settings once it is installed from the display, right?

·
103,295 Posts
if you got it from mods4cars then it probably has the latest firmware n software.
as mentioned, you can change all settings once installed from your dash display also

·
103,295 Posts
ahhh so.........still give it a shot unless u wait until support contacts you

·
Registered 2015 SLK350
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The issues I had with re-programming my Smart Top have been resolved. I received an e-mail and phone number from Roger Schulze of Motive Mods, Las Vegas. Roger is a friend of the owner of Mods4 Cars and helps him with trouble shooting issues. My problem, was "Norton Security" In order to make the adjustments to the module we had to shut off some of the Norton features. This was temporary and I re-activated Norton when we finished.

This is great service from the people at Mods4Cars, considering I am not the original owner of the module.

Now I can get on with the difficult part, and install the Smart Top.

Thanks Jeff for the help.

·
103,295 Posts
Glad it is sorted! I was going to visit those boys when I was in Vegas in May and sorry I didn't to personally thank them (Stephan) for all their help to our members.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.