Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I got a smart top mod done on sat and when I got home the roof would not go up by pressing the key remote 2 times and the roof would only go up or down at a max speed of 5 mph so I text the man who I bought it from and who fitted it for me and he told me to only press button two time to close roof with key remote and told me how to set roof speed which he was right , so I set speed after some time of doing it ( button back 3 times going at the speed I want to set at ) then got back home to sort the roof going up with key remote which at first I did then it would only go down so looked at wireing and made sure it was all ok then found orange wire was lose sorted this then look at wire diagram and orange wire was in wrong conecter change it now roof goes up on key remote but not down and when I unlock car smart top sren goes off and ESP light is up on dash can any one help I am in aright pickle with this and I have got to use car at midnight to go to work and do not want car to brake down on me thanks

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,665 Posts
Pm sent ....

Reactions: Deane

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ian got it all sorted it was one wire had no connection now works like magic :hail:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,378 Posts
Glad you got it sorted. The poor poor smarttop, getting all this bad press. :biglaugh:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,378 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad you got it sorted. The poor poor smarttop, getting all this bad press. :biglaugh:
So glad it's sorted it drive me mad but it's so worth it best mod so far , big thanks to Ian ....oh yes cheque every wire twice can't go wrong ..big thanks guys for all the help Y)

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
That cursed one wire does it every time. The 170 smart top looks like an octapus pre instal but everyone loves it.

Glad you got it sorted out! We have the bestest members ever :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.