Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Installed the Smart Top Module a couple of weeks ago. The functions are fantastic especially the oft talked about remote roof control. :Banane40:

The option I havent heard discussed much addresses one of the tiny weaknesses of our cars....the inability to know when you lock or unlock the car from a distance. The function allows an audible beep when locked and a beep-beep when unlocking. :Banane12:

(Now if someone could figure out how to only open/close the rear windows indepedent of the fronts) :rolleyes:

Added by Jbanks15:
http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/121481-what-smarttop-all-members-keep-talking-about.html

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Glad to hear you're enjoying your Smart Roof jfsully!

I just installed the EasyRoofSLK (R170 version of Smart Roof) I love it too.

I opted for the non-chirping version since the Germans don't much appreciate car alarm armings that chirp. If I'm uncertain of the lock/unloack state...I just hit the button again.

I am having a bit of a challenge though with the remote operation. Seems I have to activate it twice in order for the top to open. I'm not sure if its signal strength or reception yet.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Sounds like it's the SmartTop version 2 for the R171.

It's hard to beat the roof operation using the remote key or roof operation while in motion, always a head turner.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
The option I havent heard discussed much addresses one of the tiny weaknesses of our cars....the inability to know when you lock or unlock the car from a distance. The function allows an audible beep when locked and a beep-beep when unlocking. :Banane12:
:tu: Yup, the audible chirp on locking and unlocking is my second favorite feature.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Folks,
I have been following your website for a few months now. I just joined SLKWorld couple of weeks ago because it seems your website is a little more friendly to women than some of the others I read. Don't get me wrong I'm not a prude but sometimes the forums can get way out. Anyway I'm interested in the Easy Roof SLK. Where do you get one from?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Kevin, (second post this thread, Designo SLK) has all Dirks info and web site. PM him and he will give it or you can find in another thread, we were discussing last week. Welcome to the group. Bunch of good folks here, joking and humor abound, mostly good info and some deranged SLK nuts. They will ask for pic of your ride so get prepared. Enjoy yourself. :tu: :tu:

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Hi Folks,
I have been following your website for a few months now. I just joined SLKWorld couple of weeks ago because it seems your website is a little more friendly to women than some of the others I read. Don't get me wrong I'm not a prude but sometimes the forums can get way out. Anyway I'm interested in the Easy Roof SLK. Where do you get one from?
Welcome to SLKWorld black beauty!!! Glad to have some more female class around here...LOL.

As Doug said...POST A PIC OF YOUR RIDE!! Enjoy your stay and post often...we don't bite.

If you have any other questions about SimpleRoof or EasyRoof after looking through Dirk's site, send me a PM. :tu:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I installed the smart top last weekend on my RHD SLK200 and it works great.

The roof is so much more useable now that I can operate it on the move. In fact I was driving along the other day when a few spots of rain started to appear on the windscreen, I pushed the console button and it finished closing just as the rain started pelting down.

Couldn't be happpier.

Yogie
:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.