Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah,fitted one a week ago.
Perfect for me, all I wanted was the remote open/closing of the roof.
The one touch opening/closing with the the console switch is a bonus as is operating while moving.
Ordered the r170 my mistake but they swapped it for an extra £20 for the r171 model,only problem I had was on the right hand drive r171's couldn't find a live red wire in the harness so had to do a lot of searching to find a tap off the light switch.
Works fine and I saved a bit of money over other models?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,379 Posts
Might be cheaper but won't have all the features of the smarttop
http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/121481-what-smarttop-all-members-keep-talking-about.html

Its features:

Remote Control - Open and close your convertible top using the original factory remote control key/key fob up to 300 feet away. Uses RF (radio frequency) NOT IR (infrared radiation) energy
Full Text Set Up/Display - Configure functions to meet your personal preferences via our full text setup menu.
Chirp Signal Function - When locking and unlocking the car, if desired the horn sounds briefly.
Comfort Window Open/Close - One touch opening/closing of all windows via quick double tap on the top switch.
Home Light - remotely activate the headlights for 30 seconds.
Open/Close While Driving - Speed programmable up to 38 mph you can open and close your top while moving or driving.
Passive/Invisible Mode - Turn the whole module off with an easy key sequence.
Separate Window Control - Raise and lower the windows separately by remote without activating the top.
Hazard Signals - Optionally the hazard and blinkers are activated while the top is operated from the remote.
USB Port - This module can be updated using any Windows PC/Laptop with internet connection.
One Touch Operation - 'One Touch' convertible top operation allows your top to open or close automatically with one touch of a button.
Reversible Plug Installation - Remove any time allowing sale or return of a leased vehicle in its original condition.
Top Convenience Mode - Turning the ignition on or off does not interrupt convertible top operation.
Automatic Door Locks - Set power locks to automatically lock and unlock the doors when you drive.

among others.

just my opinion of course :D

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Andy, if you order your SmartTop from the USA, just be aware that you might get charged import duties, tax and fees when it arrives in the UK. I ordered mine from PPCGB and, with 5% discount for liking their Facebook page, I think it cost me around £230 (with next day delivery, and no worries about additional costs/fees).

If you're interested in buying from PPCGB (I have no affiliation - I'm just a satisfied customer of theirs), see the link in my signature for details... :tu:

Note: make sure you order the version for your car though (R170), not the one I ordered for mine (R171).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.