Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really going out on a limb for this. I have been to two different stealserships....they have attempted to find this part, and no can do. The previous owner of my 2005 SLK 350 caught an umbrella in the mechanism that helps bring the top down -- it ended up tearing up some of the plastic pieces that fit into the tonneau covers (driver/passenger flaps and the center). I've been able to have repaired/fixed all but one small part. Its a plastic 'stop' about 3 inches long and 1/2 wide that attaches to the spring loaded flap (passenger side tonneau cover) that drops when the top is down. Without it, I am not able to put the top down since about 1/3 the top is exposed when it folds into the trunk, and I am afraid that something will further damage the mechanism and hydraulics.

I have been at this for about a year (ok took the winter off)..but I really want to get my beauty on the road and cruise with the top down.

Anyone have any ideas. I have been calling around various junk yards, but not much in R171 salvages. Any one have any other ideas, or know of a salvage yard?

Thanks!

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,112 Posts
Post a picture of area

post your vin
get your free datacard and the part number

hopefully it is a part sold separately. if not, you would have to buy a 'whole' part that has the part oyu want and only sold that way

then try an online mb oem parts site

·
94,112 Posts
Do you see the part you want in this pic?

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, but no the part is not there. Even had the dealer order part #150 (as a kit). Wasn’t included. Strangest thing that two dealers have issues identifying this part.

Here is my vin: WDBWK56F45F051274

·
94,112 Posts
so you see the part in the diagram or is it part of another part?

·
94,112 Posts
Here is your datacard anyway

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I don't see the part. Even the dealer, looking at the same diagram, can't find the part. I've been to two dealer and same answer. Second dealer actually ordered the same part from Germany -- he knew, because my name was on the box he ordered. Very frustrating indeed.

·
94,112 Posts
Then it is not sold separately
3d printer :D

see your datacard attached above

·
94,112 Posts
Not sure what you mean? Looking at the datacard, not sure how I can use this...and 3D printer?
3d printer was a joke :D

can you open the datacard? you see all the options that came on your car when it was built. it is the window sticker plus more

now you know what you have

check your brochure also

http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/167265-mercedes-brochure-archive.html#post1511249

What's a datacard?
It is the 'window or windshield' sticker that comes on new vehicles (USA models)(All countries can get them here). It shows the option codes and the name of the options included in/on the car when purchased.
Look at the other members datacards to get an idea of what I mean.
Here is a sample of a SLK 320 and a SLK 55 AMG datacard. See attached.
The more options your car has, the longer your datacard will be!

·
Super Moderator
25,375 Posts
Not sure what you mean? Looking at the datacard, not sure how I can use this...and 3D printer?
Presumably, this part is duplicated on the opposite side?

Can you post a photo of that part?

If we understand which part we can help you better.

Some members have had parts printed on a 3d printer.
If the part is not available, then we can bring them in on this thread
& ask advice on how they went about it.
No idea if this is/is not suitable for the part that you want until we identify it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More than happy to do so. First photos are the bird’s eye view, with the top down. The flaps (tonneau covers) have been removed. Third is the broken part I am looking for. Fourth is side by side next to good part. Fifth and sixth are good side,with and without the flap shown. The piece I am looking for attaches to the hinged unit. Thanks again.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts