Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a drive out yesterday after about 30 miles I found the throttle response
was very slow.when I got home I put my diagnostic reader on the car found a fault to the throttle pedal sensor ,
I managed to get a replacement off ebay from a lad breaking a car
I will swap this over when it arrives and see what happens ,
I cannot find any posts on anyone opening one of these sensors up so will have a play with it when time permits.seems to be quite a common thing these pedal sensors going into fault .
Probably only a potentiometer anyway.
Chris

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
348 Posts
Evening Chrispy, if after you install the replacement throttle sensor there is no improvement it may help to reset the gearbox adaptive learning function / throttle position, turn on the ignition and fully depress the throttle pedal, wait 30 seconds then turn off the ignition with the throttle still fully depressed.

Think that's the correct procedure you can do a search for it or ask Jeff.

Regards Stuart.

·
*Premium Member
2002 Blue SLK320 known as 'Silkie"
4,278 Posts
I had the same issue on my 320 just before it was serviced - it was below zero outside and I had sluggish acceleration and the same code as you. I had my mechanic clear the code at the service and the problem went away when it was warmer, so either my sensor, like yours, is on it's way out and has dirty contacts, or it's a 'feature'? It's not happened since.

I'd be interested if you can get inside one. If it is a pot then maybe a squirt of contact cleaner will do the job?

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I had the same issue on my 320 just before it was serviced - it was below zero outside and I had sluggish acceleration and the same code as you. I had my mechanic clear the code at the service and the problem went away when it was warmer, so either my sensor, like yours, is on it's way out and has dirty contacts, or it's a 'feature'? It's not happened since.

I'd be interested if you can get inside one. If it is a pot then maybe a squirt of contact cleaner will do the job?
If it were a feature, I reckon it would not throw a code. Though, it is supposed to be sluggish until it warms up, for emission purposes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.