Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Just commented on FB about the hi-res version of the vid. Generally (aside from NOT lamenting the SLR's fate) I referenced our passion for AMG, and the debate over the stying, gullwings and rear end. I certainly nodded to the performance and familiar persona (ala the raked hood and other visual cues).

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Interesting, the return of a legend. Easy to see many of the lines of the older model. I'm thinking outside the box, but it's not for me.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I wonder if that one was given to Hamilton afterwards. I know how we can tell, look for it with his Dad in it in shrubbery around the U.K. ;-)

I am so excited to drive one. I can't wait!

My list of cars I must own:

1. Chrysler Turbine - The Engineering Feet of the Century PLUS!
2. Bugatti Veyron
3. McLaren F1
4. (Rear) Mid-Engine Ferrari
5. (Rear) Mid-Engine Mercedes-Benz (A Pipe Dream)
6. Porsche GT3 RS
7. Maybe an SLS.

Is it telling that at least two car's I would rather own more are still less expensive then the SLS AMG? I will see if it has the moves, but the design and the tranny are still less then dream level.

A car that costs north of a quarter mill should look like future sex on wheels, not a rehash of the old microwaved for the ADD generation.

Still you can love something as ugly as a Mosler if it can dance.

·
Registered
533 Posts
One thing I've got to point out about the SLS AMG

In the other official launch colour (let's just call it silver for the moment since I don't know the official name yet) It looks much better and the lines are much easier on the eyes.

I think either light colours (silver, white) or black would suit this car.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Still can't love the rear end, but I think they got enough of the design points right that I'll like it in person. Supposed to be one in London by the end of the month, but I guess I'll miss that one :p

Interesting that like the prototypes we've seen, there's still no way to close the door if you are sitting in the seat!

·
Registered
76 Posts
You must be watching a different video than the one posted in this thread. Car is red, and it's not driven off the stage?!
I think you guys are confusing each other. I watched all of the video and they clearly closed the doors while sitting in the seats and drove the car (red) from behind where the screen was and onto the stage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts