Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Great color. I like everything other than the front grille. Love those big brakes.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I agree with his review. I love the car. It's sound, it feels tight. Did you notice the seats are the SLK shells with a more puffy headrest?

I loved driving it on the track, and the transmission on SPORT+ is amazing, even on the track and autocross course, you can just leave it, it is really aggresive on downshifting and holding gears.

That being said, I share his lament about a stick that would make the car more involved in regular driving, where most owners will spend the time. However, that is not ever going to happen.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
Did you notice the seats are the SLK shells with a more puffy headrest?
It's not the same shell as the SLK, it's a brand new seat structure shell.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
It's not the same shell as the SLK, it's a brand new seat structure shell.
Seeing them up close, and sitting in them for several hours, I believe they are. They felt the same, only slightly more side padding, with a light kick out, and the bottom bolsters with slightly more padding and a small kick up. I am speaking of the American spec seats.

Notice the backing in this picture I found.

The euro only sport seats, well they're nothing like anything else MB has, I suspect they are Recaro racing seats.

SLS Available US Seats in colors:

SLK Interior shot, notice the shell's silver / black:

You can see where the shell stops and the leather begins on this one, so they do extend the side with leather not the shell:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts