Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silver SLS AMG convertible in front of me going into Trafford centre Manchester 10 mins ago looks awesome .
Are these rare and expensive what's thes stats price , bhp etc

·
Registered
390 Posts
They are rare here in the New York metro area. I see Aston Martin Vanquish's fairly often. Ferraris are fairly common. Vipers are no big deal. Lambos aren't that unusual. Fisker Karmas are around. But I've only seen one SLS and that was on a flatbed tow truck. Didn't appear to be anything wrong with it. Must have been in transit to a buyer or between dealers.

For that matter, I don't see many SLK's around here. And SLK55's are few and far between. I see another one maybe once per month. I'm sort of surprised by that because it seems like Mercedes accounts for 1 in 10 cars around here. The C Class, E Class, GL, ML, GLK, R Class, and G wagon are common as dirt in this area. Either the higher end Mercedes performance cars are made in very small numbers or people find something they like better at the price point. Probably a bit of both.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't see many SLK's around here. And SLK55's are few and far between. I see another one maybe once per month. I'm sort of surprised by that because it seems like Mercedes accounts for 1 in 10 cars around here. The C Class, E Class, GL, ML, GLK, R Class, and G wagon are common as dirt in this area. Either the higher end Mercedes performance cars are made in very small numbers or people find something they like better at the price point. Probably a bit of both.
Somewhat the same here in the south SF Bay Area. I do see a few SLKs, maybe one a day if I'm out a lot ... Very few 172s ... I think I've seen maybe 1 but couldn't tell.

In my building alone is just about everything too: a ferrari, a Lamborghini, a new orange mclauren, a new m6, all of the above mercs, lots of porsches, lots of lotus, teslas, lots of heavily modded cars for the track ... But I've never seen a 172, an sls, or really any AMGs. There used to be a c63 but that's it.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,724 Posts
Hi all

No never seen a SLS on the road yet only in a showroom , But I did see a SL63 at the same petrol station as me two nights ago , Sweet car in white looked very large .

Cheers

Andy

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
See a black SLS AMG almost every day...I park next to our CEO who owns it. Unless he is driving his Cayenne GTS Turbo or his 458, or his Aston Martin DBS.

My SLK looks pitiful sitting next to anyone of them...but I'm 20 years younger and have a 3 handicap! So there. :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
One of my neighbours has one as I see it driving around a lot, and the building up the street has one parked in front all the time. (Taipei)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.