Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surprised no one has posted any of these pix yet. Many of the reputable auto mags are stating these renderings are approximately 70% of what the actual SLS will look like. Very cool...and Fast!

Drive Fast

BobbyM R)

Attachments

·
Registered
561 Posts
The red pic looks a lot like a revised CL. Or looks like a blend of the new SL with C nose. I hope its better than that!

·
Registered
820 Posts
I hope they will change the design because right now the front is pretty bad IMO

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
i really like the red one that was posted up!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I heard she is going to run $200K. Not sure if that is reliable info, but it would put her out of reach for me.

·
Registered
820 Posts
that would probably be half a mil here :(

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone else appalled at the EU bumper standards and their impact on the front end of these cars?!

Hi UK-C200

Yes...I am appalled and I really don't know the specifics of the new standard. Would appreciate someone's expertise on the subject.

From what I can see by the design changes (especially with my 09SLK vs my 05&06SLK) is that the front end facias appear to be taller and squared off. No longer any sweeping gradual aerodynamics allowed? From the little I know, it is to help avoid a pedestian being swept over the vehicle if struck by the car.

I would have to agree with another poster that I would much prefer being swept over the vehicle than becoming a hood ornament or trapped under the vehicle.

I don't know the stats in the US, but are there a lot of folks in Europe being struck by vehicles? Does this new standard improve the pedestrian's survival of being struck? What will become of the Lamborgini?

Drive Fast! (...avoid pedestrians)

bobbyM

·
Registered
533 Posts
As i mentioned in the SLS DNA topic, Huckfeld's renderings are normally spot on if not very close (second pic (first autobild huckfeld pic next to the classic one))

1 - 13 of 13 Posts