Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
McLaren swan song to Mercedes Benz SLR. The SLR Stirling Moss is a 722S derivative with 478 kW - 650 bhp, 641 HP SAE with 820 Nm - 605 ft lb torque and 750,000 euros.

A true roadster without a windscreen and belching exhaust from the front side fenders.

Heading to the concourse for the next hundred plus years...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
I think its hideous and reminds me of the small SLK vert baby car MB sells at their parts and accessories department, its extremely ugly it makes the SLR look even better.

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Having a bad morning?
No actually I am fine, its just that I think MB degraded the SLR by making many variants whilst cars at its same league such as the CGT and Enzo are made in lesser quantities and in one model only being the FXX-faster variant of the enzo being released later.

·
Registered
188 Posts
All that moolah and there's no windshield?? Can you imagine the driving pleasure when a bee strikes your forehead?

Reckon I'll stick with my SLK55!

<devilish grin>

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Won't really matter to any of us. Only 75 will be made...it won't be sold in the US...and all will be sold to existing SLR owners only. I think it is a great collector piece (for those folks who "collect" things that cost half a mil). It would be a real treat to have the wind in your face at over 170 MPH, wouldn't it?

·
Registered
720 Posts
This car is an epitome of automotive vanity - hideous and utterly pointless. For a car that needs to be driven wearing a helmet, I'd rather have a KTM X-bow or a Caterham and spend the change on a house.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.