1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hey Coldshot I was going to post this but i'm a bit confused. Is this a special edition roadster? Because i think i read somewhere the 722 is a special edition. Reason i ask, wasn't there already a roadster out for the SLR?

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
That car is so me, I'd have it in white over red with a red softop. The SLR is my ultimate dream supercar, such an epic car. There are 2-3 mercedes I lust over presently

CLK63 Black series, SL65 Black series and the 722 S SLR-Mclaren.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Coldshot I was going to post this but i'm a bit confused. Is this a special edition roadster? Because i think i read somewhere the 722 is a special edition. Reason i ask, wasn't there already a roadster out for the SLR?
Yes, only 150 of these babies will be produced. Probably run $350K or more in the US.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks $500K for a car without the hardtop Convertable is a lot of money? Or what?

OK, I get the big motor thing and all that, but doesn't our teeny weeny 55's have basically the same motor minus the supercharger and don't we "have" a hard top convertable?

Yeah, I know there is no comparison, but its a huge step from $71K to $500K!

Even if I spend money for the entire Kleeman kit we are still way short of a half million bucks!!!

Just proves what a bargain the SLK 55's really are!!:bannana:

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh man, I hope you have more pics. That is one sweet looking ride.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yeah, I know there is no comparison, but its a huge step from $71K to $500K!
You're missing the point. Cars like this are the perfect tool for showing the world that the owner has more money than anyone can spend on things that have tangible value.

·
Registered 2016 SLK55 AMG w/P30
650 Posts
Yeah, when you're a multi multi millionaire or billionaire, what's 500k to drive something that sweet looking? Who cares if it's the fastest car on the planet or not, it looks like a *damp* dream!

·
Registered
608 Posts
i will try to take more pict today.

Mo, as it is 2 days specially for journalist (yesterday and today), there is not so much people.

If you need special picts, feel free to ask them (i will be connected at noon , french time) and will take picts this afternoon.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I don't know about the rest of the world, but here in the US the SLR is sold only in convertible form. And I read in a car mag that even the convertible will stop selling here soon. Instead (or so I read) we will get the SL 65 AMG Black series with twin turbo V12 and hp and torque similar to the SLR -- at about half the price.

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
The SL65 BS is better value for the money than the SLR,

V12
More Torque, top end
much more limited

however with that amount an LP640 or a 599 seems like a better buy, i am assuming that they feel more delicate, precise and connected to the road a very exclusive feel to it.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
I don't know about the rest of the world, but here in the US the SLR is sold only in convertible form. And I read in a car mag that even the convertible will stop selling here soon. Instead (or so I read) we will get the SL 65 AMG Black series with twin turbo V12 and hp and torque similar to the SLR -- at about half the price.
You can still find a couple new hardtops being sold at the dealerships, but the 'market adjustment' is still going up.

·
Registered
840 Posts
"Market adjustment" is just another term for "rip off". There is a used SLR coupe at my dealer's which is not even "cherry" with a lot of "rip off" on the sticker. I think I'll pass!:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
"Market adjustment" is just another term for "rip off". There is a used SLR coupe at my dealer's which is not even "cherry" with a lot of "rip off" on the sticker. I think I'll pass!:biglaugh:
LOL...i agree.

·
Registered
533 Posts
The SLR is a lovely car BUT If i was in that league i'd definitely be agreeing with alroumi and going Lambo / Porsche or Ferrari.

Then again if you're wanting speed just do a Kleeman mod...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts