Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm Cathy and I've just bought my second SLK 230 and I'm over the moon with it, it's beautiful inside and out, just like me. I went out to buy a Peugeot 206 CC and came home with this amazing car, it's going to get lots of TLC believe me.

I remember when I bought my first SLK, it was Yellow with Yellow and Black interior what a superb car, drive and colour. I was told then that once I drive the SLK 230 then I would find it very hard to get another car that was as good as this was, it was so true but I sold by lovely Merc to my brother five years ago, he still has it and it's still doing fine, just not as clean.

I needed to get a 'simple' car because mum was getting too old (84) to get in and out of the Merc (a bit how I felt a few days ago, but that went away with the fairies) so I got a Vauxhall Agila (go on then - big belly laugh! that's go that one out of the way).

Now I'm one happy retired old lady, and I promise to keep to the speed limit officer, honest I will.

Having that power in my hands again is so wonderful.

So if you see a little old blond lady in a black Merc, with the roof down in winter, Country Music blaring out of the speakers (yep I love loud music as well as fast cars) then say "Hi" and not "Turn that music down" please.

See you all again soon.:flag::flag:

·
AND MABEL
14,212 Posts
Hi Cathy, welcome from Barrhead, Scotland. :smile:

I'm sure one of our mods will be along shortly to officially welcome you but in the mean time ....

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Welcome to you from Mersea Island. This is a great forum with lots of friendly helpful knowledgeable people. If you need an answer for anything to do with your car somebody on here will know doubt be able help. Enjoy your SLK, mine is the best car I have ever owned.

·
Premium Member
11,251 Posts
Hi Cathy, and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us, and completing your profile and posting such a great intro! :tu:

We have quite a few members in the UK that like to meet up from time to time. If you're interested in joining us sometime, just keep an eye on the UK Region section, as we post meeting plans there! :tu:

There's a summary post that I maintain for all UK meets here, and links to examples and pictures from this year's past meets are available here.

We've also just started plotting where our UK members are - check out the thread for that here: SLKWorld UK & Ireland Members and Meeting Points Map

Don’t forget to lube those seals:
Mods you should think about doing to your SLK:
Davie's already covered the tips for using the forum (in post 2 above) so no need for me to list them again, but please ask if you can't find what you need using search (you can PM moderators even before you get to 15 posts).

Thank you
Dave

·
Super Moderator
25,386 Posts
So if you see a little old blond lady in a black Merc, with the roof down in winter, Country Music blaring out of the speakers (yep I love loud music as well as fast cars) then say "Hi" and not "Turn that music down" please.

See you all again soon.:flag::flag:
Sounds like you'll fit right in!

Hi Cathy,
Welcome from the Wirral.

dbgrn has given you the vital links to the UK community.

Well worth trying out one of our meets. Like the SLKs themselves, meets are addictive.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,113 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Super Moderator
2,755 Posts
And, with the others, a warm welcome to the forum from Surrey.

We all hope you enjoy your time on the forum almost as much as the time you spend behind the wheel. As others have said, this is a friendly forum. No pecking order, no 'mine is bigger than yours', just a bunch of people who enjoy their SLKs, enjoy meeting each other from time to time - and enjoy the banter that is 'SLKWorld'. Got a question? Ask it! Want to comment on something that happened to you or your SLK? Post it. Above all, enjoy yourself and your new SLK.

Drive safe (with a weather eye on the speedometer)!

Savcom

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Welcome Cathy from Tampa Bay! Do I ever wish the local retirees would follow your Lead. If they did I know my 15 minute work commute would Not take 30! lol

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
14,075 Posts
Welcome from Lakeland, Florida USA!

I agree with you Cathy, top down radio up and wearing a huge smile!>:D

·
Premium Member
11,305 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts