Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are you in the UK or Ireland and interested in attending SLKWorld meets with other members?

Would you like to know where other members are located (and share where you are too)?

If so, click the picture of the map below to open a map that can help us with this (instructions for using it included below the image)...

Please note that trying to add yourself onto the map won't show your marker to others - if you want to share your location with others, please see the instructions below to get dbgrn to add you to the saved map.

Note: If you're using Tapatalk, please click this link instead of the map image above.

and here’s a little advice on how to use it…

How do you get your location onto the map?
You need to send a PM to dbgrn and ask to be added onto the map (and, because dbgrn is a moderator, you don't have to wait until you've got to 15 posts either). I’d advise you to only use an approximate location, so as not to publicise your exact address on the forum. A Town, City, or the start of your postcode (e.g. NG1, LE3, etc.) should be fine, but feel free to share any Google Maps location with me and I’ll add you to the map.

Some tips for using the map
Red markers are SLKWorld Members
Green markers are members who are also DAS/STAR Owners
Blue markers are various SLK group meeting points

Legend
  • Expand the ‘Legend’ on the right of the map to give you a list of each member, DAS/STAR owner, and/or meeting point. You can then select/deselect any group (SLKWorld Members/DAS/STAR Owners/Meeting Points) by clicking each group title in the ‘Groups’ section above the ‘Legend’ list, once expanded.
  • Clicking on one of the marker entries in the Legend list will display the pop-up for that marker on the map.
  • If there’s a clickable element contained within that marker’s pop-up (i.e. some text that's blue and underlined), just click it and it should open in a new tab/window (depending on your own browser options).
    • For SLKWorld Members, this should take you to their SLKWorld forum profile page.
    • For Meeting Points, it will take you to something with more information about meets there, if such information is available.
  • Alternatively, you can just zoom in/out of the map, and click on an individual marker to see the pop-up for who/what that marker represents.
  • Some markers are very close together, so one may be hidden behind another until you’ve zoomed right in (I can’t stop members from living near to - or with - each other)!
If you have any comments or feedback, or would like to be added to / removed from this map, please send a PM to dbgrn, or comment by posting in this thread.

Please note that the data in this map is not to be used for any commercial purposes - it is to help share approximate locations of members, and more detailed locations of meeting points, to help with the logistics of SLK meets being planned in the UK.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,917 Posts
Great job Dave
Now make one for USA
I officially add to your mod duties
Map coordinator. :D

·
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Can i have a slk car picture as my pin mark please . :grin:

And in silver to .>:D
Sorry, I can't make that work (I tried uploading a custom marker)...

If you'd like to be added (with a regular red marker), please just let me know where... :D

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 2005 SLK350
191 Posts
Am I doing something wrong I can't get the map link to work. Is it because I'm on my mobile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Am I doing something wrong I can't get the map link to work. Is it because I'm on my mobile?

I've tested it from a mobile browser (phone and tablet), but haven't tried it from within Tapatalk (which you appear to be using). Here's the direct link to the map:
Multiplottr: Plot, Save and Share.

If this doesn't work for you from within Tapatalk, can you try copying the link and pasting it directly into the address bar of your mobile' browser instead?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 2005 SLK350
191 Posts
I've tested it from a mobile browser (phone and tablet), but haven't tried it from within Tapatalk (which you appear to be using). Here's the direct link to the map:

Multiplottr: Plot, Save and Share.

If this doesn't work for you from within Tapatalk, can you try copying the link and pasting it directly into the address bar of your mobile' browser instead?

Worked a treat with the link. Like you say must be something to do with Tapatalk. Thanks :)

·
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Worked a treat with the link. Like you say must be something to do with Tapatalk. Thanks :)

Thanks for confirming... I've now added this link into the first post, to try to avoid issues in future for Tapatalk users. :tu:

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,110 Posts
Great work Dave.

Now our new to meets members can get a better idea of where the meets are and maybe join us.

I can only see one issue....

How on earth did you manage to narrow down @DAVIETHESCAFF to just one location?

I expected to see one icon popping up all over the country every few seconds!

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK55 AMG
3,555 Posts
Great work Dave.

Now our new to meets members can get a better idea of where the meets are and maybe join us.

I can only see one issue....

How on earth did you manage to narrow down @DAVIETHESCAFF to just one location?

I expected to see one icon popping up all over the country every few seconds!
If you close one eye when looking at the Map Davies Icon does move around.... or is it the Beer..?

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
14,445 Posts
Great job Dave! :tu:

I couldn't help but notice that there seems to be a slight disparity in the way the members are dispersed north to south across the UK.

Explains why I don't see that many SLKs when I'm out and about north of the border. :D

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,110 Posts
Great job Dave! :tu:

I couldn't help but notice that there seems to be a slight disparity in the way the members are dispersed north to south across the UK.

Explains why I don't see that many SLKs when I'm out and about north of the border. :D
Leaves us more space to stretch our legs.

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
2,845 Posts
Tis a brilliantly simple idea. Thanks for doing this.

The south of England is looking a little sparse though - not as bad as Scotland, true, but there must be more of us around...

And, @Delucas, where are you then, mate? Or are you sticking your bottom lip out cos you can't have a silver marker?

·
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've added Ireland to the title of this thread, so that it's clear that I can include Ireland members on the same map (and I know we have at least a couple there that are interested in attending meets). :D

Also, I'm sure we have more members in places such as Wales and the huge gap we currently have between the Peak District and Scotland (including Scotland itself)... let's fill those gaps and not leave Davie up there on his own!

PM me with your approximate location (just the first half of a postcode seems to work well), and I'll add you to the map. :tu:

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,033 Posts
Tis a brilliantly simple idea. Thanks for doing this.

The south of England is looking a little sparse though - not as bad as Scotland, true, but there must be more of us around...

And, @Delucas, where are you then, mate? Or are you sticking your bottom lip out cos you can't have a silver marker?
I was told i was a special one ( well according to my mum ) and that i would have Moat Park as in all of Kent all to myself .

GREED is good ;)

Well i do park all around Kent . >:D
Has Dbgrn enough silver 171 pin ups for me :wink:

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
14,445 Posts
I was told i was a special one ( well according to my mum )

Funny that my mum told me that too! :D

Well i do park all around Kent . >:D
If it was to go by where we park the map would look upside down when next April comes. All the tags would be in Scotland marking the road trip.>:D

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
2,845 Posts
I have this vision of a convergence of red markers onto blue meets on the morning of the meet itself. That would almost be as cool as the drive itself.

Maybe there's a way of logging the GPS co-ords live into Multiplottr for those attending meets. :)

Maybe that's way too much like Big Brother. :( Or the Sarge tracking us as he tracks our posts.... :surprise:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts