Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow 'nucks and/or freedom lovers,

My good friend @Beekster is going to be doing a Canadian road trip later this month and will be spending a few days in Calgary/Edmonton near the end of August. He and I have talked about meeting up for an evening to chill out and we thought that it would be worthwhile to see if any other forum members in the locale (or willing to make the drive) wished to join us!

The date is Sunday the 30th of August (2015) in the "early evening" somewhere in western Calgary. Any member of the forum is more than welcome to come and chill out for a simple meet and greet, talk about our cars and maybe crash a local restaurant.

We have yet to get the details hammered out as we wanted to gauge demand since that affects the locations we consider. Once we have a good idea of who is coming we will finalize the time/destination and update all of those who have confirmed their interest.

Regards,
Ak

---------------------------------------------

Confirmed List:
Akonion
Beekster
Nsaleem
Thomas Nelson

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Really looking forward to this. Sunhilde will be sporting her new Bilstein B12 suspension kit and Windrestrictor, neither of which Akonion has seen. My wife Nancy is already counting down the hours until we get to start our vacation on the 27th.

Greg

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi Guys!

This sounds great! Anybody mind if I come in a Porsche? I sold my 2007 SLK55 AMG. Had too good of an offer. I am keeping my eye out for a 2012 SLK55 this fall when prices are usually lower.

Let me know if you need me to arrange anything here.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am confirmed in case that wasn't clear from my last post. My wife will come out as long as we can get grandma to watch the kids.

I am also open to meeting Beekster in Clareholm on Saturday and driving in together on Sunday. Haven't done a group drive for years!

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG
251 Posts
I'm in.

How about the Phoenix Grill in Westhills? Close enough to Bragg Creek for a nice drive too, either before or after a light meal.

tn

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I'm in.

How about the Phoenix Grill in Westhills? Close enough to Bragg Creek for a nice drive too, either before or after a light meal.

tn
That sounds like it might be a great location for us, Thomas. We'll be spending a few hours at the Military Museums off Crowchild Trail, and lodging out near the University (we're cheap). We want to check in, unpack the car, and freshen up before venturing out to meet everyone. Looks like easy access via either Bow Trail/Sarcee Trail or Crowchild Trail/33rd Avenue/Richmond Road.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in.

How about the Phoenix Grill in Westhills?...
Not only does their menu sound good but I will be staying in the Signal Hill area! :grin:

Are there any locations we should cosnider that are a bit further north? Beekster is staying in the North-West area of the city.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Naah, Matt, that location is fine for us if it works for everybody else (and I agree the menu looks great). Calgary's a pretty easy town to navigate, so finding it won't be a problem. As for traffic, I don't know. It's a Sunday evening, so probably not too crazy, but then again I haven't driven around the city in twelve years. The next question is what time to meet. If, as I suspect, I'll be scurrying about the Military Museums until closing time at 4:00, we probably couldn't make it out to Westhills until 5:30 or so.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...I'll be scurrying about the Military Museums until closing time at 4:00, we probably couldn't make it out to Westhills until 5:30 or so.
Maybe we should say 6:00 to err on the safe side? Perfect time of night for a burger and a beer!

·
Registered
142 Posts
6:00 PM is good for me.
Westhills is only 10 min from the Military Museum on Crowchild Trail and 17 Ave SW. Sunday evening traffic is usually light unless there is construction going on somewhere.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright gents, 6pm August 30th at Westhills Phoenix Grill it is!

I will call and get the green light from the establishment for us to have a meet in the parking lot and make reservations at the restaurant if possible.

How many total will there be? I am one, Greg (+ wife) is three. Will both you guys ( @nsaleem and @Thomas Nelson) be alone or bringing your SO as well?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got back from the meet n'greet... it was fantastic!

Thanks to all who participated.. we will get pictures sorted out in the near future! Hopefully it will be less work than taking the pictures was. :grin:

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG
251 Posts
Matt! Thanks so much for setting this up. Was GREAT to meet the group and chinwag for a couple hours. I'll upload the best of the pics tomorrow.

Best wishes to the travellers among us & drive safely on your respective journeys!

tn

1 - 20 of 21 Posts