Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if everyone is aware that we have a Live Chat Room. A great feature.

I've checked it many times, but never see anyone in there. Perhaps we can use it for more general conversations where we really don't need the info posted on the main thread ... what does everyone think?

The link is right near vBGarage on the main link bar at the top.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
easty said:
I struggle as It seems the port it uses is blocked from work. But I'll try to remember to check it out in the evening..
damn port blocking!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
not sure if in anyway possible it would be able to show on the main site page if people are logged in the chat room? I know bill were demanding. hehe

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
easty said:
not sure if in anyway possible it would be able to show on the main site page if people are logged in the chat room? I know bill were demanding. hehe
:tu: Great idea if possible. Sometimes when you post, it can be many hours before you get a reply when it's directed at one individual.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:confused: equipeduciel -What's the significance of your tag RVVVV? I'm a big personalized plate fan. I don't have a clue - HELP!

·
Registered
34 Posts
It stands for my first name... Herve pronounced "air-vey".
In french the R is pronounced somewhat around "air" and the V somewhat around "vey". I often shortened my first name by just writing RV (same pronounciation than my first name)... but my friends whenever I came in a room would scream my first name (guess it payd off to be in the student government in college:biglaugh:).
When they made videos of us, they would write my name as RVVVV... I adopted it since then ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have to confess, while I was in FL, I was willing to get my first name, but it was already taken :eek:... so it was my second choice... and I adopted it since then!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
easty said:
Last night before the chat room got popular i talked with Bill in there on the subject. He said it will be in the next "Batch" of upgrades for the site.
I have no idea what else we can possibly have here, but am really excited to see what Bill comes up with :bannana: :bannana: < 2 look good as they appear to be dancing with each other.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Just checked it out, unfortunately I can't access it either, stupid FW's at work. :(

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
///AMG 55 said:
You need sun java installed for it to work
its not the lack of java Bill. I have java at work. the little application loads up. the message at the bottom says cannot connect to server.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
easty said:
its not the lack of java Bill. I have java at work. the little application loads up. the message at the bottom says cannot connect to server.
^^easty is right, we need java to run applications here so it's intalled on every PC.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts