Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saludos SLKWorld forum-ers (word?) ... I researched this idea but did not see any threads so please forgive me in advance if this topic has been beat down already.

I'm a fan of what I call "driving" hats, and not the baseball cap (even though I have my fair share of team and branded baseball caps, including MB) ... I'm talking about real hats with style, like those made by a manufacturer named "Kangol".

Check out Kangol's site at www.kangolstore.com ... you'll see at least 100 variations of hats/colors for men, women, and children ... personally, I own a Wool #504 (navy blue) and Tropic #504 Ventair (white) ... I use the wool one in the colder weather and the ventair in the warmer weather ... but their other variations include, not limited to, Denim Army Caps, Wax-Cotton (invented by British) headwear, Leather/Tweed Spitfire (superfly style), berets, and even uni-sex fury/woolly hats (not to be confused with our "Woolly") ...

Imagine how cool we'd be sporting Kangol hats with the SLKWorld logo on them ... A W E S O M E !!!!!!!!! ... I'm sure our leaders can negotiate a reasonable price point for the hats such that they can stocked and sold in the SLKStore, even if with a nominal profit ... we can sell them to any interested person and even drive memberships with an offer of discount tiers based on membership type ... ingenious, isn't it? ...

So consider this post a "petition" for our leaders to explore the idea and determine if it makes "cents" for SLKWorld to do such a thing ... to gauge interest levels, only post if you'd support and purchase such a product ... meaning that if you are not a supporter of the idea, just don't post ...

So consider this post as the first signatory to the petition ...

#504 Ventair #504 Wool Leather Spitfire Wool Galaxy

Denim Army Cap Wax-Cotton Fergora Apple Anglobasque Beret

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Strangely enough, Kangol started about 60 miles where I live (in Cleator, Cumbria), but the original factory is now closed, and manufacturing is now just undertaken in the States and the Far East.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
We did have some visors embroidered with SLKWorld logo at the Las Vegas retreat (one pair per family); different style. I do like the #504 you mentioned.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
etyu, I have two #504s ... the Ventair in white for warm weather and the wool one in navy blue for cold weather ... both are effective and they look good - so I'm told by even younger adults when I'm stopped at lights with the top down ...

Frankly, I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest than shown here ... I guess the forum is too young for this sort of accessory ... oh well, I'll keep using mine without the SLKWorld logo ... ta, ta ... R)

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)Never been a hat guy. Hated wearing one when I was in the military. No hats, no more.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I did look into the cost of branded baseball caps along with jackets, shirts, tee's, etc. Price's aren't that high but the minimum order required is high. To be honest I prefer a baseball cap for driving.

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
624 Posts
I did look into the cost of branded baseball caps along with jackets, shirts, tee's, etc. Price's aren't that high but the minimum order required is high. To be honest I prefer a baseball cap for driving.
I know, an old thread, but I was doing a search on hats.

was wondering what "a high minimum order" is/was?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
What do you think of this one? It was made from a photo of my car.

Len

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.