Mercedes SLK World banner

What would you like to see on a thread covering food and drink, at home and while out.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Catherine and I are unabashed foodies and try to fold that into our SLK, business and leisure travels. We're both looking forward to retirement when we can go further afield.

I also imagine that the people that enjoy a fine, sophisticated car like the SLK would also enjoy food and drink (responsibly!) and might want to share their experiences and recipes - yes, let's include our favourite recipes and beverages!

Like the name says, this forum covers the world. We may not be able to visit some of the locales mentioned, but we seem to enjoy the travel logs, so why not this experience.

I solicit your inputs (including the name of this proposed thread).

Thanks for your time and interest! You can vote for one or more by the way...

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Great idea JJ! I'm sure everyone would have something to contribute if they gave it a little thought. Regional events, cuisine, drinks......its all good and might inspire a little road tripping in the SLK.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Great idea. I am wondering if recipes can somehow relate to our forum otherwise there may be millions of chicken soup recipes.

Related recipes might include Brazo de Mercedes
or
1 oz Southern Comfort
1 oz Amaretto
7 oz orange juice
1 dash granadine
AKA the Car Crash

and speaking of chicken soup, my recipe for wu gu ji - black chcken soup would fit, as another name for the black chicken is: SiLKie.

Gordon

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
question for y'all... any of you interested in putting together an SLK Food for Thought "book" ? with everything in it (kinda like how the calendar is put together)?

... would include recipes, drink, etc, restaurant stories, etc - an impromptu endeavor in putting this together - it could possibly get way out of hand and become larger than the Lord of the Rings trilogy or all of Tom Clancy's novels put together.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm a bit of a foodie, not so much fancy restaurants and expensive ingredients, but I like to eat delicious food on a daily basis and find that my own recipes often work very well. I often share recipes with my friends.

Savoury dishes are my speciality, I make amazing soups (beetroot, tomato and chilli was a huge hit) and I have several casserole recipes and two good curries that I make regularly. I also like making my own pasta, I did a lovely garlic mushroom ravioli not long ago. I also make a mean Calzone, and my own version of chicken parmigiana. My roast potatoes are legendary.

Can't bake to save my life though!

·
2,432 Posts
I am a foodie. I love to hunt down Michelin star restaurants and try them. I also love to cook, but I am terrible at food presentation. That's something I need to work on.

I have been thinking of learning how to brew my own beer. Has anyone here tried that yet?

-K
I have a buddy who enjoys making both beer and distilled corn beverages. His beer making is a labor of love, with some good and some not so good results. Strangely enough, the more exotic recipes tend to yield a less tasty product. Equipment and ingredients are purchased from a local specialty store. He describes distilling corn as a labor intensive and not much fun. However, it is a time honored local tradition.....and it is tax free! :tu:

·
Registered
844 Posts
"Deliverance".

But speaking of garlic... We had some garlic bread left over from New Years party and that was the only bread in the house the next morning so I used it for french toast and am now addicted. Try it.

Gordon

·
2,432 Posts
....anyone else here banjo music...
OK.....enough with the Deliverance references! :biglaugh:

The banjo is exclusively American and quite a beautiful instrument. I've played the 5 string and guitar for many years and once "sat a spell" with banjo immortal Earl Scruggs. With regards to distilling grains for pleasure....didn't the English develop that technology?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts