Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... in value retention. :Beer:

Read all about it here...

That’s it, my next car is going to be the Ferrari F430! Or the VW Eos Diesel...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to Edmunds, this 360 Modena successor that debuted as an all-new sports entry for 2006 starts out some 170 large, give or take, and "can easily break the $200K barrier." And that’s only for the base coupe, not the F1 Spider convertible.

They went on to say it might be a bit "excessive ... even for the well-heeled ..."

That’s only roughly a third to a half of the SLR McLaren, I say. :eek:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
hink F430's are trading for around £140-160k easty. big bucks, but serious machine!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I buy cars because they satisfy a want or need. Value appreciation/depreciation seldom enters into the decision. Fun and memories cannot be assigned a money value. Any vehicle I have ever bought has depreciated as soon as the check is signed. Many I still own have appreciated over the years some more than others but the memories are priceless. The little SLK, being what it is, fills the bill for me. Would I drive and enjoy a $200k car like I do the SLK? No, would be scared to death I would bend it or some idiot would bend it for me. Barrett Jackson is the place to invest in cars for appreciation, a dealer is a place to spend money to fill a need.
Yesterday my mechanic and I spent a couple hours looking over the SLK. What a feat of engineering that little car. So many little things are thought out and designed so well, other things are overly complicated. But all things considered, the SLK is the biggest bang for the buck one can buy and drive without constantly worrying about damage, depreciation and bankruptcy. :tu::tu::tu::biglaugh::biglaugh::tu::tu:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.