Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK 5.4 M113
1,437 Posts
Because 60mph (100 k/h) is well within the legal limits of most roads, I figured this would be OK. There are a lot of "claims" out there, so lets be the forum who has the most of them!>:D
Post your car and your 0-60 time. as well as any mods or any proof such as images or videos. it would also be good to know elevation and temperature for those of us who like the details.

I'll start: 1999 SLK230 ~1500 ft elevation. 60* evening - I did 7.5 seconds.

then I did my M113 swap. now it gets there between 6.1 and 6.4. this was around 78* and same elevation

Your turn!! :grin:

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
2,923 Posts
Not a formal time (must do that properly with the OBD dongle) but Silkie did the 0-60 in 'under seven seconds' recently in a straight line along a slight incline and on dry roads. When new, the SLK320 was supposed to do this in 6.5, so, I don't consider the time too bad considering she's 16 years old and has 104k miles under her belt.

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK350
4,592 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have a video of mine I took with my phone a while back but cannot edit out the first few seconds of me babbling away and the last 15 seconds of me hitting the 140 mark ...on the track of course.
Can anyone oblige and explain to me the best way to post it to this thread for comparison and comment?
Many thanks
Steve

·
2,923 Posts
I have a video of mine I took with my phone a while back but cannot edit out the first few seconds of me babbling away and the last 15 seconds of me hitting the 140 mark ...on the track of course.
Can anyone oblige and explain to me the best way to post it to this thread for comparison and comment?
Many thanks
Steve
Upload it to Youtube and post a link on the forum? Remember that both Youtube and the forum are publicly viewable

·
2,923 Posts
Yes, that's why I wanted to know if someone could edit it before I did post it.
Thanks
Sorry Steve. Trying to be too helpful. :(

If you're going to the Breakfast meet today can you bring the video in a USB stick? I'll see what I can do with a laptop.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.