Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I noted yesterday, we saw a white/black 350 driven top down by a lady on Riverside Drive, near Huntclub (across from the Riverside Pub). A "toot" and a thumbs up from the Mrs and I got a big smile! :rb

Today Mrs and I were on Innes Rd at Costco (aka Sams) and were followed out by a dark grey 350 with the face lift front (very nice!); was seen to turn north on Blair. Again driven by a lady.

Oh! At breakfast (across from Olgilvie MB on St Laurent) there were two 171's in the show room and a brace of 170's awaiting servicing.

As an aside I received no less than 5 calls from various contacts with 350 prospects, and one email from the local MB dealer with an 08 280. Does anyone see this as kizmet?! Powers beyond me showing me the way.... :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still lots of SLKs out and about. It's been as warm as 13C here recently!

Following the sitings above, the very next day we saw a silver/black 171 350 on Wellington West. Owner of the SLK owns the piano store there. He had a 94? SLK - worst car he ever owned he said, but loves this one.

Today, Wed, we saw a cubanite silver 350 on Montreal Rd at Canotek. Rolled down the window to say hello - very french lady, wearing a peruvian wool hat (ear flaps and all), in the bolt upright too close position behind the wheel. Loves her SLK though!

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Running around getting the 350 through all the hoops (Customs, RIV inspection, Etest, MTO). I couldn't bring myself to park it in the underground garage at the World Exchange while lunching with the Mrs. So I took the 6; after parking I walked toward the exit ... boom, a black 280 - would have been fun to park the 350 next to it. I did take the time to tag it with a suggestion to join us here...

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Out to dinner Saturday night over in the Belle Province. Top down along the Rockcliffe Parkway to the bridge - super. Then Route 148 east along the Ottawa River - dreadful! Les Quebequoise have not been waisting all those federal dollars on their roads. The handling of the SLK came in handy a few times avoiding massive pot holes that would have damaged rims and geometry.

Along the way we passed a white/red SLK headed the other way. Possibly the first one we test drove. Blast of the horn and a quick wave was the best we could do.

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
We finally got some decent weather here. I also got my RIV sticker so "Kismet" is officially Canadian and no longer a landed immigrant. Got its first bath and wax as well.

Was out running a couple of errands and whilst at a stop light, looked in the rear view to find a blue (bright medium blue sort of colour) 171 in my rearview one light behind. I moved over to the curb around the corner to let him catch up. Actually an AMG with tags "DANS TOY".

This was by Place d'Orleans and the two of us had a short run west bound on highway 174. Will post a foto when I can find the chip adapter or cable for my cell.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SLKs are like bunnies around here now! Mountie around the corner has a Mars Red 08, there's the blue AMG above (though not sure if it's in the east end), now a Pewter pre-facelift is further down the block. Also passed a Storm Red 350 the other day; I was in our mazda3 so other than a smile and thumbs up, there was little communication!

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
John.....you are a lucky man....all those SLK sightings! I've not had the pleasure here in Southern Illinois. Guess we just don't have that cosmopolitan aura!

Also, releived to hear that that you've got a proper coat of wax on the machine!:burnout:

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
B4TM4N - if you're headed this way, give me a heads up.

Gregg...decent...don't know doing the best I can! Any suggestions on how to clean out the little wee holes in the door speaker grills?

Also found a very small (5mm long?) self tapping machine screw on the drive - very much doubt it is sourced from Japan (mazdas X 2). Door?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts