Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
I run 255s with no problem, as do other guys on the forum, they look better too :smile:

I assume you mean on stock rims?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,078 Posts
I also have had 55s on my rears for 7 years on stock rims

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, on the stock rims. I didn't think it would be a problem, but checking with someone that knows is always a good idea. Thanks!
2006 SLK55, Black/Black 61K miles. What a car! I just sold a 2000 SL500 black/black with 62K miles, which I had for just short of 5 years. The car was in beautiful condition, but I wanted something a little quicker. I made the right choice.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
My 2013 SLK 55 came with 255s and now that I need rear tires I'm thinking about trying 265s. Anybody done that? Only got 8.5 K out of the OE Contisport Contact 5p's. I'll try something else this time.

·
98,078 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
OK, Jeff, I'm gonnna go ahead and say it. What are pig ears? I've searched pig ears, googled and all I could find was chewies for dogs. I know the tricks using Piecost and Henway but not Pigears. John

·
98,078 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Oh THAT pig ear :grin:. Yep, should have searched the forum instead of just Google. My car does not have the "pig ear". In reading the link I guess some are OE and some are just accessories huh.

·
98,078 Posts
all are oem. some put regular mudflaps on theirs. yuck

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Yeah, I'd pass on the regular mud flap. The pig ear is not too bad though.
I think a 265 would work on my OEM AMG 18s. Looks to have enough room but I would sure like to hear from someone who has done it on the last gen AMG. The web site that you linked is good. I need to play around with it some more. Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.