Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Been a while since drove at night and a friend just pointed out the AMG V8 in the rev counter is not lit up with the other dial lights, and there is no footwell illumination on the passenger side. Its a uk supplied car. Have whats been spotted is normal?!
Cheers
Adam

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,246 Posts
No lighted AMG on display. footwell lights should always be on.
Did you bend down to check? or bulb out. Have you gotten your datacard to check options?

Automatic ambient interior lighting of console and footwells.
Entrance lamps in doors. Illuminated console storage.
Illuminated vanity mirrors

·
94,246 Posts
The amg does NOT light up at night
footwell lights are always on. bend down to make sure they are on with the engine running usually or the bulb might be burned out.

we give free datacards out.

must be my noo yawk accent :rb

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
That happened to me last time MB replaced the Cabin Air filter..

My foot-well pass. light wasn't working so I assumed blown bulb. On inspection, appears that it was never connected from the factory (bulb intact, no discolouration), so a very simple fix. :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That happened to me last time MB replaced the Cabin Air filter..
I pulled out the passenger footwell bulb holder and the connector in simply not plugged into the holder assenbly. i got my fingers up into the hole but could not find the connecter, so seems i and going to have to take the panel off to try and find the connector block.

I did run some wires to the holder assembly while out of the car and accross a 12V + and - terminals of a battery, and it works fine, so just need to take that panel off and find the damm connector block!

argh.
:mad:

·
94,246 Posts
And our wonderful forum helps another member! for free!!!

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
What happened probably during Cabin Air Filter change, the connector to the footwell light was disconnected to effect removal of lower dash panel and the technician forget to re-connect in the re-assembly procedure.

On 2 separate post-serivice occasions I would hear a clicking sound when turning, like plastic hitting another plastic, and it turns out the OBD cover panel was left open.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts