Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm a car enthusiast and this is gonna be my first purchase into the world of mercedes-benz I fell in love with the car after watching them and GT racing and I thought well I kinda need to get one myself so after about an hour and a half at the dealership I came to a decision do I get the SLK 55 AMG or the white out to sitting on the lot we both are phenomenal cars and I know that I'm not going to be displeased with either purchase purchase I'm going to be more pleased with now I know that I was a little bit bigger but you know can you guys kind of God me too which car should be purchasing give me the pros and the cons of each card let me know what you have and you know tell me what you think thanks guys I appreciate it also response really awesome going to spend a lot of time here

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,238 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,405 Posts
Hi and welcome from the UK Midlands! :)

It would have to be the SLK 55 AMG every time for me!! :tu:

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
900 Posts
Hey guys I'm a car enthusiast and this is gonna be my first purchase into the world of mercedes-benz I fell in love with the car after watching them and GT racing and I thought well I kinda need to get one myself so after about an hour and a half at the dealership I came to a decision do I get the SLK 55 AMG or the white out to sitting on the lot we both are phenomenal cars and I know that I'm not going to be displeased with either purchase purchase I'm going to be more pleased with now I know that I was a little bit bigger but you know can you guys kind of God me too which car should be purchasing give me the pros and the cons of each card let me know what you have and you know tell me what you think thanks guys I appreciate it also response really awesome going to spend a lot of time here
What?

And welcome

·
Registered 2008 SLK55 AMG
55 Posts
Welcome from SoFl.
It's all about a taste and preference. I had similar dilemma back a few years. For the love of GT and supreme leisure drive nothing wrong with SL. But I would say if You are real enthusiast of sports ride, (and I mean really sport flat out corners ride, sneaky go cartish, but with top of the MBZ quality), You will be in the seat of SLK AMG. Another, also important moment of consideration: exclusivity and coming out of it value and depreciation. That's not a big secret that in today's economy a lot of upper class customers can afford themselves a nice brand new MBZ. Proof in the statistics. According MBZ, previous generation of S class was sold by around 600000 copies. And that's only S class. Ad all the others, and no wander that secondary market flooded by nice used MBZes. Unfortunately middle and low middle class ether virtually can not afford them, or as not sensible to them. So here we are at the situation of the overly mass produced tens and hundreds thousands nice, but run of the mill Benzes, and exclusivity of sales of SLK AMG,(average in any given year between 90 - 200). And from here You can expect tremendous resale value of Your SLK AMG. For the interest sake just do Your search and compare depreciation.
But at any means I did not want to influence Your choice. That's Your cake and You're gonna it it for a long time.
So the best option is: TEST DRIVE!

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,984 Posts
You have a few grammatical errors, try to edit your first post to make more sense please.

I would get the SLK 55 AMG, you won't regret it ever! We love ours!

Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!:x

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You have a few grammatical errors, try to edit your first post to make more sense please.

I would get the SLK 55 AMG, you won't regret it ever! We love ours!

Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!
I use my phone's voice to text feature from my forum post sorry about the grammar

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG
463 Posts
@emirbaum,

Welcome to SLKW from Southeast Florida!

Just in case you are still having trouble deciding...

The white arrow is really nice. But if your already thinking about spending around $125k, what do you have against the GTS, the hard top? :grin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts