Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am torn between a slk350 with 16k miles (still have 13 months of warranty , but had been to an accident.. the front (bumper and one headlight had been replaced) , both side quarter panels too. Or a slk55 with 60k miles no warranty and 5500 more in price.

My question.. do I have to worry about the amg maintenance issues? I can do brake and normal stuffs (oil changes ) with no problem... or I should to stick to the slk350?

thanks.. need to make a decision soon..

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Personally I'd be very wary of any car that had been in an accident, warranty or no.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how is the reliably of the amg slk55? any issues at all (like the oil consumption)

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
No problems in almost 2 years and 20+k km for, other than a minor MAF issue. I'm not aware of any systemic problems with the SLK55 - the engine in particular has been around for quite awhile now and it practically bullet proof. How the entire vechicle holds up with extreme mileage remains to be seen. Good luck with your hunt, whatever you choose! :)

D

·
0 Posts
Agree with the others, sounds like the 350 has been hit in the corner and that can damage the chassis leg I'd stay away from it regardless of how much warranty it has.

Buy the 55.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
how is the reliably of the amg slk55? any issues at all (like the oil consumption)
Have mine for more than 6 months now. No oil consumption problems. I've added about 250 ml of Mobil 1 0W40, not because it's low but I was curious to check on the electronic measuring (no dipstick). It was fairly accurate. Before adding, the MFD (cold engine) showed 7.5 qts. After adding, it shows 7.7 to 7.8 qts.

Engine oil expands when it's hot. I've checked it with engine oil temp showing 90 to 100 degrees C and the MFD shows 8.1 qts (after adding the 250 ml). When the engine is cold, then it shows 7.7 qts.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
You may also consider extended warranty if you plan to keep the 55 for a longer period of time.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Go for the 55.. Ive nearlly hit 40k in mine. And i've put it through the test. you know race tracks, deserts, 3000mile 2 day runs and now in montreal loads of snow and it's yet to push about 0c/32f for more than a moment. Ive generally done the oil changes, filters and brakes my self.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys are great.. thanks for the input .. I am leaning towards the Slk55 also..
hopefully I can get the guy to lower the price a bit..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.