Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a SLK 55 AMG 2007 and I'm looking to buy a battery trickle charger. Based on my searches, Battery Tender is pretty good and is cheaper (Battery Tender 021-0128 Battery Tender Plus 12V Battery Charger : Amazon.com : Automotive).

I want to confirm that OEM Varta battery is AGM and not GEL since they have a different model charger for GEL (Battery Tender 021-0156 Battery Tender Plus 12V Battery Charger True Gel Cell Model : Amazon.com : Automotive).

Also, I've seen DIY solutions to make it easier to use the trickle charger (eg. http://www.slkworld.com/general-modifications-r171/3894-battery-trickle-charger-pre-wiring-install-2.html), but what's the simplest way to charge the battery ? Anything I need to know besides the instructions that come with the charger? Thanks a lot!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
The OEM is not a gel cell, so your first option is the correct one. I've had good results with the BatteryTender.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I just bought one and it work perfectly. Since my Slk parked 6 days per week, I need to keep the battery up. My 1st charges took about 3 hrs. then the green light start to flash (80% charges). I'll charges it again tomorrow until it full.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.