Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wanted to pump up my volume a little bit, and after reading about the different options on the forum and tring to find sound clips on youtube I started making changes.

I first removed the secondary cats....A little bit of sound gain, and maybe a little bit of "seat of the pants" performance gain. (The cats do produce back-pressure)

I wanted a little bit more sond so today I removed the resonator, and WOW did it get louder! Too much so..... Tomorrow I will either reinstall the resonator or the cats. I think the performance would be better without the cats, but the sound may be better without the resonator.

I am making film clips of each combination that I try and will post them when I am done.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,078 Posts
Cool! does your state have emission testing? florida used to but got rid of it a while ago.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Yea. i've been listening to the Youtube slk sound tracks as i want to enhance the sound a little. One of our fellow members (TrevF) lives close to me & has had the resonator out for a X pipe & loves it (see his post of yesterday in the AMG section).
Look forward to you posting the sound clips.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Hey Doug - great info - I pulled the cats, replaced the primarys with highflows, deleted the secondaries, installed headers, etc. I'm right on the edge of being civilized - I may just try popping the resonator back in to give it a try..

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,728 Posts
Hi Tiledhouse

I've had the same just the Xpipe fitted , Im in Coventry which side to Trev do you live . The sounds are deeper & start to come online at about 1500revs :rb. But tick over is just about the same very little change which is good . Let me know if your around Cov & we'll meet up .

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yea. i've been listening to the Youtube slk sound tracks as i want to enhance the sound a little. One of our fellow members (TrevF) lives close to me & has had the resonator out for a X pipe & loves it (see his post of yesterday in the AMG section).
Look forward to you posting the sound clips.
Sorry mate haven't been on since my last post, have now replied:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.