Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it everywhere I look it says the curb weight is near 3500lbs but at the last meet this kid showed me the sticker on the door and it said the car was 4000 something pounds. I'm I crazy lol did I read the sticker wrong?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I know the weight of the prefacelift 55AMG is 1540Kg and the facelifted model is 1575Kg so i don't know what he's talking about (1814Kg) 4000 pounds...

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Why is it everywhere I look it says the curb weight is near 3500lbs but at the last meet this kid showed me the sticker on the door and it said the car was 4000 something pounds. I'm I crazy lol did I read the sticker wrong?
Mine states GVWR at 1820 kg or 4020 lbs.

A gross vehicle weight rating ,GVWR, is the maximum allowable total weight of a road vehicle or trailer that is loaded, including the weight of the vehicle itself plus fuel, passengers, cargo, and trailer tongue weight. (from Wikipedia).

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
yeah, that's the gross allowable weight, the curb weight is around ~3400, I think dsb has the exact numbers posted somewhere.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome thanks for clearing that up! The kid claimed he was training to be a merc mech looks like he needs some more training!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.