Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get a set of aftermarket side vents similar to the ones on the Black Series? I'm certainly not going to put Black Series badges on the car, but do find the side vents attractive and have a custom body shop who will put them on if I can find them.

Any ideas on where you can get them?

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Keep in mind that the early '55s had the gills molded into the bumper, with later cars getting the inserts. Probably still possible to cut out the existing ones if needed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Klinh... Where did you find the pics of that carbon fiber vents? That was exactly what i've been looking for since i got the car. I would love to get that put on my bumper vents.

Sorry for "thread jacking" this is the first time i've actually seen this part anywhere.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Klinh... Where did you find the pics of that carbon fiber vents? That was exactly what i've been looking for since i got the car. I would love to get that put on my bumper vents.

Sorry for "thread jacking" this is the first time i've actually seen this part anywhere.

Thanks guys!

Pm me with offer. I still got one extra set. It brand new and never been use.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Carbon Fibre Vent

Pm me with offer. I still got one extra set. It brand new and never been use.
Dear Klinh,

I apologize for my late inquiry but I have only just stumbled across your posting in this thread. Normally I´m posting in the German MBSLK forum (MBSLK.de - The SLK-Community).
I hope you dont mind me asking where you have purchased these carbon fibre vents for the SLK55 AMG? Also it would be very interesting for me to learn about the prices for the vents and also for shipment (to Germany). I have been looking for them everywhere without success.

Thank you and best regards,

Sven

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anything changed as regards the slk55 amg black series wing vents, are they now available aftermarket or otherwise?

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
50 Posts
Black series side vents

Hi Guys

I am thinking about making a mould to produce some vents to "stick on" the wings. I have two questions,

1. Would anybody be interested in these once made? I would adopt a "Gpaddle" approach.

2. Has anyone got close up pictures to assist with the profile?

thanks

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,056 Posts
It's virtually impossible to get any Black Series specific genuine parts - unless you are a Black Series owner.
The last time i ordered an amg item it took over a month to come in direct from germany .
I think they were making it . :surprise:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,217 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
692 Posts
If my wouldn´t been a pre FL car - it would already been mounted. Guess I have to stay "original", don´t fancy putting a jig saw into the bumper:-(

·
Registered 2013 SLK55 AMG w/P30
25 Posts
Why not get the vents fabricated

I found that a good body person can fabricate anything and some at reasonable prices - Had my 928 'fender vented' somewhat as shark gills and installed camera's in the vent to eliminate the side view mirrors.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts