Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I help to organize a charity arm drop drag race in my home town every year. This is the 4th annual event. Cruise in the evening before. Hot Rod parade thru town led by our county Sheriff the next morning. A full day of 1/8mile drags against other street legal cars. Great fun. This year, I lined up beside of a Mustang GT, but the hot pit official let him go ahead of me. That placed me side by side with a red C6 Corvette convertible. On paper, my R171 was gonna get smoked. He had 430hp and weighs about 200lbs less. No contest right?

I figured so what? It was for charity. I turned off the trac control and did my burn out. Set the tranny to sport mode and watched the starter poppy raise her arms. When we left the line, the Vette got about a 3ft jump on me but our cars are stinking fast off the line and by the time I was thru 2nd, I was a car length ahead and OMG!, I was pulling away. I finished the 1/8th mile at 8.69 sec ET at 82 mph. I was 4/10ths and about 3 car lengths ahead of the Corvette. Yess.

I always say that the horses in the AMG are bigger than the tiny little KY thoroughbred horses that GM puts in their cars, lol. To beat all, this was on KY Derby Day, lol. Maybe AMG was sand bagging? My car is stock so, I can't explain it but most of the drivers know what they are doing at this event.

Oh, the next day we drove to the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green and stopped in for lunch and to celebrate, lol.
>:D

Will post a pic when I get home.

Irish

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,522 Posts
Great!!!! now imagine how much faster with ecu tune n headers and xpipe/straight? :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts