Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,182 Posts
Thanks. But they make much ado about the ECO function and the requirements for it to work. As I (and others) have found out, it is very haphazard/sporadic as to its activiation.

I have it come on (ie stops the engine) within 1 minute of startup/city driving in cold (<40o) weather. Needle barely moves off the pin.

Other times I've had it non-functional after an hour on the highway and getting on the off-ramp and stopping at a light--engine still running. It is always in ECO mode (dash button).

My car must be female--can't make up her mind :surprise: :wink:

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would concur that the ECO start stop system is not very predictable at times. Looking at the guide posted above it's obviously quite a complicated system. I rarely use it so no big deal for me!

In the write up on the exhaust system it seems to suggest that there are no secondary cats on the R172 55 but from looking at the system it looks like a similar set-up to the R171 with 2 cats per side.

Are the secondary chambers on the R172 just resonators I wonder? Been thinking about exhaust mods for the 172 for a while now and deleting the secondaries seems like a safe option to get some more sound out without worrying about drone in the cabin when cruising.

Whatever I end up doing (if anything) I'd like to be sure of no odd sounds when running in ECO4 mode too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.