Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking of boosting my slk to the next level and I have seen that the best for your money on a tune is a supercharger. I have seen on rms tuning that they are claiming 410PS and 470nm. If this figure is true you could be getting around high to mid 4s which is quicker than a 55. I still don't know the price of the supercharger yet and am waiting for a response to find out. Also the supercharger looks stock under the hood which is a bonus. Does anyone have this supercharger kit installed and can tell me about it? or if yous know the price that would be greatly appreciated!

Site is bellow:

http://www.rms-tuning.com/siteapps/7409/htdocs/index.php/en/turbo-kompressor-tuning/168-mb-350-slk-m-kompressor-2

·
Registered
570 Posts
I wish I knew more as I stumbled across this youtube video the other day and it left me wishing that Santa would have dropped it under my tree this year! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50qfj6C-Qvc

However, we do have a great thread that died some time ago on the supercharger topic http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/7071-supercharger-turbos-slk-350-a.html which is something to consider. I would love to know more from the guy in that video though as to what his setup is and how much he spent overall.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a sick video I love the sound of it!
Yeah your always going to have reliability issues but still you will be burning less fuel than an amg with the supercharger.

·
Registered
199 Posts
U know what mate...if they made one for the slk55, with that whine
I'll order one with ya and get it down here to melb for installation =p

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oath we can do it together haha. I just gotta get the price of the kit it may be pricey

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
Does anyone here have a supercharger?
Not on a 350 that I'm aware of.

Over the years there have been several companies that have offered some kind of kit, like this RMS kit. They are usually very expensive ($15K+) and/or installed in a show car that usually gets carted around on the back of a flat-bed.

The cheapest option to get more power out of a 350 is to sell it and use the money to buy a 55. If you need even more power, you can install a supercharger on the 55 (which will also set you back about $15K).

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts

Over the years there have been several companies that have offered some kind of kit, like this RMS kit. They are usually very expensive ($15K+) and/or installed in a show car that usually gets carted around on the back of a flat-bed.

The cheapest option to get more power out of a 350 is to sell it and use the money to buy a 55. If you need even more power, you can install a supercharger on the 55 (which will also set you back about $15K).
+1, when I first did my research, not sure of the company now as it's been so long, they wanted $40K installed, I nearly fell off my chair when I read that email. The price has gone down but it's still about $20K installed, that is not worth it. IMO, sell your 350, and get an AMG instead. It's reliable and fast.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts

x3, same opinion here

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
I have been thinking of boosting my slk to the next level and I have seen that the best for your money on a tune is a supercharger. I have seen on rms tuning that they are claiming 410PS and 470nm. If this figure is true you could be getting around high to mid 4s which is quicker than a 55. I still don't know the price of the supercharger yet and am waiting for a response to find out. Also the supercharger looks stock under the hood which is a bonus. Does anyone have this supercharger kit installed and can tell me about it? or if yous know the price that would be greatly appreciated!

Site is bellow:

http://www.rms-tuning.com/siteapps/7409/htdocs/index.php/en/turbo-kompressor-tuning/168-mb-350-slk-m-kompressor-2
You're not going to like hearing it but what everyone else said about upgrading to a SLK55 is right. I had pretty much every bolt-on in my SLK350 (except a supercharger) and it was probably faster that other stock 350s but still nothing compared to a SLK55.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Yes you are all correct when it comes to merely horsepower increase...trade up to a 55...however, they don't come with the manual transmission :) I am not complaining as my car is still more than fast enough for street use, but I do love the sound on that video!

·
Registered
283 Posts
my concern i show do they lower the comp ratio to handle the boost.. i have the series 2 slk with 300 hp and the comp is quiet high .. listening to that clip, he is not turning the engine hard ( no need with a blower i know ) but i can take mine to 7200, if i had a blower on it i would be smashing it just as hard.. i would like to know how they keep the air temp down and what PSI they run this, head gasket issues ??? .. if the answers are favorable , let m e know a price, i would be crazy enough to get one organised eheheheheh

·
Registered
170 Posts
status of contact

hello has anyone heard anything back from company !?? Im very interested I would trade up for a 55 but I have made this 350 my very own personal b*tch lol soo Ill just keep it and add stuff to it ! I want ot get a sl 55 or 63 big boy body !

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nothing's been said yet from the company maybe I'll have to give them a call coz they won't give me a price at the moment

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
I think you being in Oz makes them weary of any sale to be made. Maybe we have an Austrian member that can do the inquiry for you?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts