Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
*Registered
2012 SLK350
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a 2012 SLK350. I've recently had an EML come on, and my OBD reader shows that it's due to code P2214 - NOx Sensor Circuit Range/Performance bank2.

Has anyone had a similar issue/experience? Most of the posts I've read about it are talking about Diesel engines, whereas mine is obviously petrol. Don't really know if that makes a difference though

Is it likely to be faulty, and are there any checks etc. I can run such as resetting the code and seeing if it reappears?
Failing that, does anyone have experience with the costs involved (UK/£) to access/troubleshoot/repair it? Just interested in what the community here thinks before I take it to a garage.

Cheers all!

·
*Administrator (Premium Member)
43,403 Posts

·
*Registered
2012 SLK350
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scanner may not be giving true reading.
Other than the warning light are you having any issues?
Acceleration, starting, smooth gear change?

172 EML

171 EML
Otherwise I believe it's running OK. Fuel consumption could be a little worse, though it's hard to tell. I don't drive a daily route or anything but it does seem like it's reporting a few mpg less than I'd expect.

·
**Registered 2009 SLK200K - From Kent, UK
6,362 Posts
Nox sensor appears to be circa £120, but I'd price at MB

It may be that but only a quality scan would be certain.
For an SDS scan:
MB indy charge between £75-170. MB dealer £175.

From your reply, it does fit the NOx.

View attachment 610044

@Delucas Thoughts?
A decent Diagnostic / scanner tool will easily read / clear diagnose a faulty 02 sensor ( if that is actually the fault )
Genuine Mercs O2 sensor will be a Bosch supplied one and buying from aftermarket will be the same Bosch also at a cheaper price .

Never known or come across a 02 sensor to make a car stop or stop it from starting and seen o2 sensors disconnected and the car still runs .

@Dave2302 have you come across one to stop car or from starting ?

it will however degrade performance / fuel economy / running ………and leave the engine management light on till it is resolved .

·
*Registered
2012 SLK350
5 Posts
Hi guys,

I have a 2012 SLK350. I've recently had an EML come on, and my OBD reader shows that it's due to code P2214 - NOx Sensor Circuit Range/Performance bank2.

Has anyone had a similar issue/experience? Most of the posts I've read about it are talking about Diesel engines, whereas mine is obviously petrol. Don't really know if that makes a difference though

Is it likely to be faulty, and are there any checks etc. I can run such as resetting the code and seeing if it reappears?
Failing that, does anyone have experience with the costs involved (UK/£) to access/troubleshoot/repair it? Just interested in what the community here thinks before I take it to a garage.

Cheers all!
Hi,

I also have a 2012 350. The EML came on and after a scan at an MB dealer advised that the nox sensors need replacing.
First, the two nox sensors will cost just under £1100 to supply. Second, they are on back order. That is to say MB do not know when they will be available to fit.I hear some people wait 6 months for replacement nox sensors!

The car has done 20,000 miles total. I keep being told that the price for MB parts is worth it due to the superior quality of the product. Well if thats so why the fail ? Secondly where are these high quality replacements? Third Car now undrivable for an indefinate period. Would i recommend MB to a friend?

·
*Registered
2012 SLK350
5 Posts
So , The apparently faulty nox sensors are still on back order 4 months on. The car has just passed its MOT which means that the emissions are fine.The EML light has not illuminated since the diagnostic checks were carried out. That would in my view suggest that the NOX sensors do not need replacing? Or am I being too optimistic.?
Would welcome some informed advice.

regards
DRAM 1955
Hi,

I also have a 2012 350. The EML came on and after a scan at an MB dealer advised that the nox sensors need replacing.
First, the two nox sensors will cost just under £1100 to supply. Second, they are on back order. That is to say MB do not know when they will be available to fit.I hear some people wait 6 months for replacement nox sensors!

The car has done 20,000 miles total. I keep being told that the price for MB parts is worth it due to the superior quality of the product. Well if thats so why the fail ? Secondly where are these high quality replacements? Third Car now undrivable for an indefinate period. Would i recommend MB to a friend?

·
*Administrator (Premium Member)
43,403 Posts
Wonder if NOx will work like rare cars.

Keep the order in and if not needed by the time they arrive double the price and advertise as delivery within 7 day (MB taking 3 months plus).

Off to order mine now as I do not need any.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts