Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
*Registered
2008 SLK350
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , i have two different mirrors and want to put the right glass in . Can someone post a picture for me of the corrrect ones .

·
* Administrator (Premium Member)
38,660 Posts
Hi , i have two different mirrors and want to put the right glass in . Can someone post a picture for me of the corrrect ones .
I suspect you have a mirror that dims?
The drivers mirror with have a liner around it, but passenger is just glass.

So RHD country, which mirror are you replacing? driver, or passenger?

·
*Registered
2008 SLK350
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suspect you have a mirror that dims?
The drivers mirror with have a liner around it, but passenger is just glass.

So RHD country, which mirror are you replacing? driver, or passenger?
Thanks Avel , Exctly as you describe it . RHD Japansese Import Driver side . Ill leave it then . Just Seems strange

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK55 AMG
708 Posts
Yes, I recently discovered, that it's the same for the rear fog lights. Both sides are fitted, but only one side works depending on whether it's left, or right hand drive. Don't get caught out with that one either!!!

·
* Administrator (Premium Member)
38,660 Posts
Yes, I recently discovered, that it's the same for the rear fog lights. Both sides are fitted, but only one side works depending on whether it's left, or right hand drive. Don't get caught out with that one either!!!
Find someone with SDS.
Mine has both activated. Easy job I am told.

It's so odd that they both come with bulbs, but not activated.

·
*Registered
2009 SLK55 AMG w/P30
1,325 Posts
I have had 13 MB cars and everyone of them being LHD had the left side rear fog light only. Friends were always telling me I had a burned out bulb on the RH side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts