Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 SLK320 that will randomly die while driving down the road, not start after running in the store or something.. Sometimes, it will start back up, and other times it can take up to 3hrs or more. It did this about a year ago, and when I took it in, they couldn't figure out what was wrong, since of course, it was fine for them. Finally, it died and I had it towed. It turned out to be the fuel pump. Well...here I am a year later, and it's doing the same thing. I had the battery replaced, and that worked for a few weeks. My car has been in the shop for 2 weeks, and I have no answers. It has done the no start thing for them, and when they hooked it up to the computer, they got a couple transmission type codes that made no sense to them based on the symptoms I had described. Has anybody experienced a similiar problem? Just sooo frustrating!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,373 Posts
moving to r170 general discussion

·
Registered
246 Posts
When ours did that it was the crank position sensor. The CEL was intermittent and it wouldn't throw a code unless the CEL was on. Pretty cheap and easy fix. There is a PDF floating around here somewhere that shows how to change it on the 320.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.