Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my first oil change on the SLK last night and have a couple of comments and questions.

1.. Reset the service indicator and was surprised to find it only resets to 10,000 miles. I thought for sure it would reset to about 13,000 miles. It still had 5600 miles left on it, but it had been about a year and a half since the oil was changed last AFAIK.

2. I sucked about eight and a half quarts out through the dipstick tube and got another half a quart or so from the pan drain plug. I thought it only holds 8.5 quarts. That's certainly a pretty complete drain.

3. Used a Mercedes/Mann filter. It came with four O rings for the stem plus the big one for the threaded area. However, I could only see places for three of those O rings to go. I know that with some filters, extra washers or O rings are included for different applications. Is that the case here or did I miss an O ring?

4. I read a one of the DIY threads here about an oil change on the AMG version and saw that the oil pan had a front and a back drain plug. Didn't notice that on mine, but I didn't look for it either. Are there two on the SLK320? With what I was able to drain out, I don't think I needed to find another drain plug, but I'm just curious.

5. All in all a pretty simple job.

Len

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.