Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, yesterday I got a CEL and a code P207E-001 - The efficiency of the left catalytic converter is insufficient (function chain P0432).

I was driving the car a bit enthusiastically, using the manual mode and getting close to redline. I am not sure if that contributed to it.

Anyway, apart from that the car had a few other P2023 codes. I cleared the codes and ran the engine for a few minutes and it did not come back.

I have a few questions:

• How many cats do these cars have in Australia?
  • Where are they?
  • Where are the O2 sensors relative to the cats (before and after which ones)?
  • What's the best option. Should I replace with aftermarket?
  • Is there a performance option?
  • Would this cost a lot to fix?

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK320
727 Posts
The 320 has two cats. They are in the exhaust line under the car.
You have three O2 sensors; one in each exhaust manifold under the bonnet at the back of the engine - easy access. The other is in the exhaust line after the cats.
Yes, the cats are expensive (but it depends what you call expensive). I would look for after market ones but as I've never had to look I don;t know if they're available.

It's a bit early to be talking of replacing cats and O2 sensors (even the O2 sensors are expensive to me). Wait until the CEL light comes on again and take it somewhere (dealer or decent independent) to read the codes. They are likely to get more information than you. I replaced two O2 sensors (for a different code) for a few hundred dollars and it turned out that wasn't my problem. Wasted money.

You can always search:

http://www.slkworld.com/new-members-introduce-yourself-here/138769-tips-searching.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.