Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to decide whether or not to buy back my slk32 and part it out.
i would like to gage the interest in the engine interior body panels etc. if theres enough interest ill do it. if not ill walk away and search for my next 32.
prices will be amazingly low!!! im not looking to get rich but move enough parts to get my money back and give anyone who wants it a chance to get some nice stuff at a decent price. sort of give my 32 another life:)
ok i have to make a decision by monday so let me know

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
without going into details on the web i totaled the car last week. already seeking my next 32 but would like this 32 to live on in another mercedes. im not looking to make every dime i can but rather recoup my buybac costs and give anybody on the forums i frequent a great chance to get some nice 32 parts at a huge discount.
1500 plus shipping for the whole interior minus the gages
3000 for the engine and the trans plus shipping. you get the idea

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the left front fender and inner fender the front bumper and the drivers side skirt were damaged. all the other sheetmetal are in perfect shape if you need something

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Sorry to learn about the mishap on the SLK32.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lower part of my bumper is cracked, bummer
lower left front of mine was cracked when i bought it so i pulled it off and fiberglassed it sanded it and repainted it. it survived the crash and only the paint chipped. the side marker area was craked in half by the accident!! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was going to pay an Indy paint shop to do that, but he couldn't get the bumper off.. :mad:
took me about 20 minutes to get the bumper off. maybe 10 screw and disconnect the fog lights and grill. its not rocket science

might try another shop that has a clue. the certified mercedes body shop in my town repainted both my front and rear bumpers for 350$. i removed them and dropped them off took less than a week.
my body shop skills are decent but not much of a painter so i let them redo my work

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.