Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been scouring the internet looking for an SLK32 AMG cold air intake that retains the clean somewhat factory looking appearance. Needswings, etc look like they require removal of the trim on either side of the SC. Are there any kits that retain the factory look? I am fine adding some bling, but removing the covers and exposing the belt, hoses, etc is depressing.

I saw one post that mentioned someone needed to fab up some 'brackets' for the 'covers'... Anyone know what that is about?

Thanks!
Trevor

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've been scouring the internet looking for an SLK32 AMG cold air intake that retains the clean somewhat factory looking appearance. Needswings, etc look like they require removal of the trim on either side of the SC. Are there any kits that retain the factory look? I am fine adding some bling, but removing the covers and exposing the belt, hoses, etc is depressing.

I saw one post that mentioned someone needed to fab up some 'brackets' for the 'covers'... Anyone know what that is about?

Thanks!
Trevor
That "trim" is actually the air filter box on either side of the SC. Soooo, you really don't need those when using an aftermarket CAI. However, the front engine cover, can be retained. I think a lot of owners prefer the cover off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.