Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all you SLK32 owner's.

I've just joined your exclusive clubs with only 250 registered in the UK, not sure how many elsewhere.

My question, has anyone else has their insurance company state that this car needs a tracker?

If so, what did you do and could anyone, preferably from the UK, recommend a cheap one to get around this.

Many thanks

Steve

·
Registered
221 Posts
Direct Line told me I required a tracker so I went to admiral, and got an amazing deal on my 350. Who was it that told you to get a tracker?

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
None of my insurers wanted a tracker and when I asked if I had mine activated would it reduce my premiums the said NO so I havent bothered. Trackers are OK if its on a newish car. The thieves who steal to sell overseas aint interested in older cars.

Depending on your age I just insured with Saga ( over 50) and my 350 was 243 pounds including full AA and Legal . It pays to shop around and haggle. Martin Lewis cut hundreds of one lads insurance and thousands of Admirals multicar for one family. It was like 2 grand cheaper to insure separately !!!! Car insurance is a con

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Direct Line told me I required a tracker so I went to admiral, and got an amazing deal on my 350. Who was it that told you to get a tracker?
My existing insurer for my SLKL230 is AXA with for £200 which I though was very good.

They encourage you to do it all online nowadays to keep costs down, so I changed my policy online (which I am 6 months into) to the SLK32 AMG for an additional premium of £35 but I could not proceed until I confirmed it had a tracker.

Now do I cancel and risk a heavy penalty or source a tracker?

:Beer:
Steve

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
You can cancel an Insurance at anytime and provided you havent had a claim or accident they have to refund you all full unused months

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
tracker is expensive Very expensive The annual charge is more than you pay for insurance They quoted me over 300 pounds to activate and monitor mine No Chance :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.